Hello Everyone!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vakhok

Junior
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, found it in google, want to learn about wine making.

I love wine, i'm from Georgia, Tbilisi. we are a wine loving country.
I have some vineyards, at this time my family and I are selling most of the harvest and only making some for home consumption, I'm interested in to maybe bottling some small amount and trying to build a new glocal brand of wine(ry).

would love all recommendation's and advice's maybe pointers to a few threads this forum is quite big for new eyes.

Thanks for Attention my new friends :)

Welcome to the forum!

I'm a kit and fruit/country wine maker. Into it on a hobby level so can't help with respect to vineyards and such. Use the search at the top left of the page or start a new subject to get your questions answered.

Hi vakok!

I have to admit I needed to google Tbilisi to figure out where you are. Looks to be a beautiful varied historic place with great respect for wines and vineyards! If you are already growing grapes you are miles ahead of most beginners. I'm sure your wines will be fabulous. How could they not with this great group of folks ready to answer any question you have.

What type of grapes do you grow? What type of wines do you like?

I've read the struggles of a couple folk here doing all that is needed to get a license to sell the wine they make. I really hope your process will be easier.

Pam in cinti

We are growing Rkatsiteli(white) and Saperavi(red), in Kakheti region of Georgia. this two varieties of grape are most popular in that region of our country. making wine in georgia doth not need any license, you need little paper work when you are making it for selling, but even that is very easy around here it's not really part of a challenge.

challenges for me are :
1. Bottling, Corking, Labeling (this part i want to learn to maybe do home or in bottling case maybe even use a service of winery if i can find one for fair price).
2. Aging/Oaking/Storing ( don't really have the infrastructure to let wine age 3 years, so want to learn of this to calculate how much of what kind of barrels or what I should purchase, and get money for that.
3. Marketing and Selling - this probably will be hardest, in local market their is fierce competition and bottled one is secondary choice for most since a lot of people are home brewing and/or buying home brewed non bottled wine. global market takes lots and lots of money for advertising, trade show, competitions, this is a kind of money I don't have.

I guess this about sums it up.

P.S. I'm thinking about 500-1000 bottle capacity.

Latest posts

Back