Pear Cider

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone made a pear cider. I have the pear wine and would like to sweeten it a bit and make a slightly sparkling without the use of C02 to carbonate it.

Cider doesnt have to be sparkling, in fact I think the best ones stand on their own feet without CO2. As cider has less alcohol than wine you would have to dilute your wine, never a good idea:) Sounds more like you want a sparkling pear wine? WVMJ

I made pear cider last September using a Cider House Select Pear Cider Kit. After fermentation, I added 4 fermentation drops to each bottle and capped them. The carbonation on the finished product was representative of a commercial cider. However, the fermentation drops did not fully dissolve and resulted in sediment at the bottom of the bottle. If I make this again, I'll only use one fermentation tablet for each bottle.

The cider turned out a little sweeter than I expected; but my wife liked it. Since she was who I targeted this batch for, I have to say that it was a successful batch.

Back