Size 50 press bladder press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicklausjames

Reaction score
I had some money for about 1 week this summer and some guy was selling his wine gear. He had a size 50 bladder press, which I took off his hands. To date I have made 5 gallon batches so it's a bit big but I figured I'd grow into it. Anyways I have 6 lugs (36 lbs each) of cab sauv going and 2 lugs of cab frac. The sauv I think I will have no problem pressing but I'm wondering if I can do the franc in this large a press or will it cause problems bc its not enough volume? Also the owner talcum powdered the rubber bladder I'm assuming I just wash that off before use?

I think your ability to press the grapes will depend onn the bladder's ability to fill the press. I just pressed a half ton of Petite Pearl in a five ton Della Tofola bladder press and they pressed out very well. Granted this is an air bladder press. I'm assuming you have one of the water filled presses. Try pre-filling the bladder before filling the basket. The important thing is to distribute the skins over the entire basket surface.

Latest posts

Back