What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left over meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas. No photo cause: A) every plate of those leftovers looks the same, B) We don't need no stinking photos, C) I forgot cause I was so busy stuffing that comfort food down or D) all of the above!
:hug
Mike

I used to work with a guy who when someone came up with a list like this would say (and it's been years, I may be misrembering this a bit). "My Dog, My cat, Miami...."

Only a pound for me, but it's in the right direction! Didn't know my PMC order would come so quickly so we planned on spaghetti night instead of pizza night. Now that I have 5 lbs of 00 high gluten flour to experiment with on crusts, might have to have pizza night on Sunday night.

4-24-2020_ragu.jpg

Oh, and I got a couple of fun things for me. Nothing like washing down a few "fat boy" anchovies with a cup of espresso.

4-24-2020_pmc.jpg

Only a pound for me, but it's in the right direction! Didn't know my PMC order would come so quickly so we planned on spaghetti night instead of pizza night. Now that I have 5 lbs of 00 high gluten flour to experiment with on crusts, might have to have pizza night on Sunday night.

View attachment 60372

Oh, and I got a couple of fun things for me. Nothing like washing down a few "fat boy" anchovies with a cup of espresso.

View attachment 60373

My sister works for Lavazza!

I heard from the herd that it was one of my best efforts on sauce in quite some time. Standard recipe used (ragú from The Great Tomato book I have), so I think it had to be the ingredients, specifically the tomatoes I used (organic San Marzano). Salad had lettuce (Vivian romaine) and sweet bell peppers from the basement. Garlic buns were potato rolls that were showing signs of extra color before broiling. The wine got better the more I drank (haven't had wine in a week or three). It was a Zinfandel from grapes that will turn four years old in September. Very flavorful, but I'm still disappointed in the color. So, I'm feeling good right now! Let's see how I feel tomorrow morning. At least it is Saturday and I can sleep in until 5 am or so.

4-24-2020_garlic-bread.jpg

4-24-2020_ragu-2.jpg

4-24-2020_salad.jpg

4-24-2020_meal.jpg

Latest posts

Back