Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We bottled in blue bottles, tasting room empties from a local meadery. I should have posted the labels on the bottle the first time around. The colors of the background work very nicely with the blue bottle.

vidal on bottle.jpg

As I relayed in my 2023 wines thread, we filled 16 bottles and I didn't think there was enough for a full bottle, so we filled the split. I was wrong, there WAS enough to fill a 750 ... so we have 2 split bottles. Since the labels I use are 6 per sheet (printed 1 with my son's logo, 2 with mine), we used 'em all up.

The Frankenwine label? We had another bottle that had been setting -- got to the end of the Vidal-Juice when racking last fall and set it aside. Didn't have quite enough to fill the bottle, so we topped the last couple of ounces with whatever we were drinking. It tastes fine, but the other wine changed it from the Vidal, and we didn't want to blend it into the batch. But after we poured this bottle off the acid, there wasn't quite enough to refill the bottle. There was a bit of residue in the carboy that was a bit muddy, so we used the clearest part of that. I hadn't soaked the Frankenwine label off the bottle (it was clean), so I just wrote "Vidal" on it.

This one will get used first, and probably for cooking (some goes in the food, some goes in the cook). I don't mind a bit of sediment, although I'd not serve the wine to anyone except close family.

Here's a few of the labels I've designed over the past 2-3 years. The b/w one is a cork wrap. I don't have a lot of confidence in my label designs xD

The big obnoxious logo is the family coat of arms, except for the crescent moon, that part is unique to me and my branch of the family--orthodox Germans families are weird, but I think it's kinda fun!

Attachments

• 44mmx75mm_cork_side.jpg
    44mmx75mm_cork_side.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-03-10 130001.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-10 130001.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220731_031225499.jpg
    PXL_20220731_031225499.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220702_013022305.jpg
    PXL_20220702_013022305.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240310_200555353.jpg
    PXL_20240310_200555353.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • F1BA9A1D-6000-4ACD-8734-3A106701657F_final.png
    F1BA9A1D-6000-4ACD-8734-3A106701657F_final.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
The big obnoxious logo is the family coat of arms, except for the crescent moon, that part is unique to me and my branch of the family--orthodox Germans families are weird, but I think it's kinda fun!
Your labels look fine. This is a great area to let yourself run wild!

Love the look of these using a cricut machine. I had to look that up. What do you think is the cost per bottle for the vinyl?

That is a great question that I have no idea the cost. The back story is I don't sleep well, so I'm laying in bed thinking of stupid stuff instead of concentrating on going to sleep so one thing leads to another. The MAKER 3 cost me about $400 on sale at the time, smart vinyl is $30+ but I try to get the buy one/get one and its permanent vinyl plus you can just stick smart vinyl into the machine without a backer ..... just feeds into the machine real easy. Of course, I've also made some shirts with iron on, but then you must buy the Cricut iron or heater machine. It's never ending. I've spent hours on my laptop while watching a ballgame or show on TV creating something to print. If you only knew the times I've questioned my sanity because I've labeled 400+ bottles and now I started creating a smaller label with the wine name & year on the side near the top. Family and friends love my labels because you never know what's going to be on a bottle. lol.

Attached is the "Bad Apple" wine I bottled a couple weeks ago.

IMG_2640.JPG

That is a great question that I have no idea the cost. The back story is I don't sleep well, so I'm laying in bed thinking of stupid stuff instead of concentrating on going to sleep so one thing leads to another. The MAKER 3 cost me about $400 on sale at the time, smart vinyl is $30+ but I try to get the buy one/get one and its permanent vinyl plus you can just stick smart vinyl into the machine without a backer ..... just feeds into the machine real easy. Of course, I've also made some shirts with iron on, but then you must buy the Cricut iron or heater machine. It's never ending. I've spent hours on my laptop while watching a ballgame or show on TV creating something to print. If you only knew the times I've questioned my sanity because I've labeled 400+ bottles and now I started creating a smaller label with the wine name & year on the side near the top. Family and friends love my labels because you never know what's going to be on a bottle. lol.

Attached is the "Bad Apple" wine I bottled a couple weeks ago.

View attachment 111400
As I have heard: a hobby that gets out of control becomes an expensive fixation of insanity.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back