Chateau Michaelena Winery/San Acacia Cellars

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ibglowin said:
I keep saying I will slow down once I get a couple of hundred bottles in the supply line.

Mike,

It's a momentum thing, kind of like the way carboys breed and multiply. My crystal ball says you won't be stopping at 100. Personally, I've been using a spoon to dig out the foundation and break into the adjoining townhouse to commandeer some extra basement space for wine storage. I work late at night so they won't know. And since I don't have a Robby in my winemaking area like you do, I don't have to worry about someone yelling "Danger, Will Robinson!" as I'm digging.

- Jim

Hmmm....

My neighbor actually built a 6x8 underground fallout shelter back during the Y2K scare!

Perhaps a tunnel over to it would be in order soon!

I wish we could have a basement/underground shelter here. However in Florida that's called a pool
smiley36.gif
VC

This thread is getting quite amusing.
smiley36.gif

I have a better idea for the tunnel digging. Get the bots to all get together with their friends and have them dig it for you. They could all get a nice big spoonlike the one there and use them. Robby can check the temp as they go to make sure the temps will be just right for the storage.
smiley4.gif

I hope that counter/desk is reinforced if your going to keep 10 70-pound+ carboys on it for an extended period. You probably already thought of that, though.
smiley2.gif

Bart

I have thought of that.....

Wouldn't that be a horrible sight to walk in on one day.....
smiley19.gif

The desk is very strong but I am going to have to start spacing them out all along it. Its a U shaped configuration.

I think I am close to peak loading on this side!

Don't tell my wife but George delivered 3 more bad boys this afternoon.

CC Showcase Old Vine Zin, CC Showcase Viognier, MM Renaissance Rio Grande Rojo.....

That should keep me busy through the holidays for sure!
smiley17.gif

yep - - -

you got it good!!!

hobby turned obsession - like the rest of us!!!

good job

rrawhide

tepe said:
Whats the 1st carboy great color!

MM Riserva Mondiale Pinot Grigio for the "wife"!

That is 2 days after fining. I think its even better looking now. Can't wait as this will be the first one we actually are able to drink in a few months.
smiley17.gif

rrawhide said:
yep - - - you got it good!!!hobby turned obsession  -  like the rest of us!!!good jobrrawhide

Would you believe someone has offered me grapes for next year if I help out in the Vineyard.

Holy Moly ! I am trying to find out what type they are other than "White" and supposedly a cross between Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.

Anyone know what that might be?

I missed this somehow earlier. What you have there is one great tasting and easy winemaking grape- called Chardonel. Given a cool climate and long growing season they give a great fruity full bodied wine. The grapes are high brix, moderate pH and low TA (acid). I grow them here and they are my favorite grape to work with- just a bit tender for here. The cluster are well developed and large. The vines are fairly tolerant of disease.

Shall I go on or do you notice, I LOVE THIS GRAPE.! You lucky SOB!
20081013_094404_100_4631_Medium.jpg

20081013_094322_100_4626_Medium.jpg

20081013_094438_100_4632_Medium.jpg

[DOCTOR_EVIL] Mu ah ah ah ah ah !!!!!!!! [/DOCTOR_EVIL]

I will start a new thread on this if it looks like its actually going to pan out. Sounds almost too good to be true. He used to sell them to several of the nearby wineries around him but this year he could not find the time to properly tend to the vineyard so I have no idea what to expect for next year.

I also have ZERO equipment so hopefully I can score what I need locally via beg, borrow or Craigslist!

Those do look pretty yummy I have to admit!

Latest posts

Back