Chateau Michaelena Winery/San Acacia Cellars

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched this movie while staying at a B&B in Texas wine country. If you haven't read the book I would suggest reading it. The movie doesn't quite do it justice. "Russell" wouldn't have been my first choice for the leading role. There are not a lot of wine movies out there so it has to make the list but not at the top.

Great set up! My wife and I watch that movie probably 5 times a year. It is great to sit back and have a few bottles of something good and watch that. It gets really bad reviews but I think I love every part. "LANCE ARMSTRONG"

the one movie i allow some indulgence on after a few others....probably have seen it 30-32 times
other must favorites..Magnificent Seven w Yul Brynner, 3:10 to Yuma w Russel Crowe ( the old version w Glenn Ford is good too), A Walk in the Clouds, but i digress

Mike your winery is very well organized..this is a sign of impending addiction...right now you have a love affair w wine, thus the organization display.....the sign ( 'just so you know', to use A Good Year phrase) that you have reached addiction status will be when you cannot walk in your winery w/o having to move things

Well, its small but growing rapidly (the Devil's hands have been busy!)

I have an outside office thats actually part of the garage. Footprint is approx 175 square ft. I started by adding in 9" of attic blanket for a total of 12" insulation above the winery. I will be adding several (to start) of the Samsclub commercial wine racks soon as bottling time nears. I have a single window with a blind that I keep drawn and closed all the time so its quite dark in the daytime. Right now carboy temps are ~66 in the AM and peak at~68 degrees in the PM. Next Summer I will add a small window AC unit to help out during our short but often at times warm Summer. Humidity is usually not much of a problem except during our short monsoon season.

I know its not much but I wanted to start small and simple until I see what quality of wine I can actually produce! I have 24 gal of Red in Carboy and started 6 gal of Pinot Grigio yesterday. Have a Chardonnay on the way.

The winery name is a mashup of my favorite winery in real life and my first name. I kind of liked the way it rolled off the tongue (and hopefully my wine someday)

Enjoy!

20090915_165024_DSC00406.jpg

20090915_164957_DSC00404.jpg

20090915_164620_DSC00393.jpg

20090915_164758_DSC00394.jpg

20090915_164822_DSC00396.jpg

20090915_164852_DSC00397.jpg

20090915_164927_DSC00398.jpg

Does R2D2 help you?

Nice room I like the posters

Nice Schucco unit also. Do you rack with it also. I love vacuum racking!

R2 and Robby are there to watch over me so I don't forget to do something!

Actually I have quite a collection. I like Robots. Always have since I watched Lost in Space as a kid on TV!

tepe said:
Does R2D2 help you?
</font></font> 
Nice room I like the posters</font>

I have been using it just to degas so far. I just got some parts from Valley Vintner (stoppers etc) to assemble a vacuum racking system. Plan on using it soon!

wade said:
Nice Schucco unit also. Do you rack with it also. I love vacuum racking!

ibglowin said:
The winery name is a mashup of my favorite winery in real life and my first name. I kind of liked the way it rolled off the tongue (and hopefully my wine someday)

Enjoy!

Nice room, good place to get away and enjoy the hobby.

Your first name is Chateau?
smiley10.gif

Mike,

Nice room. At your present production rate you should get your office furniture and other accessories out sooner rather than later. You're going to need the space for wine.

I keep saying I will slow down once I get a couple of hundred bottles in the supply line.

Geez, you don't think we'll all end up like Tepe do ya!

ibglowin said:
I keep saying I will slow down once I get a couple of hundred bottles in the supply line.

Geez, you don't think we'll all end up like Tepe do ya!

You'll just find more you want to make. Wait until you start making fruit wines!
My goal is to have as much wine as Tepe. Only problem is my production rate is much slower. However my consumption rate is much slower also. Ya never know!
VC

Ya know its the old saying
"The more you make the more you DRINK"

Lookin' great - nice setup and nice toys.

Keep us posted and we all like to see lots of pictures too.

rrawhide

Latest posts

Back