Other Vino Italiano Redux-

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajax

Junior
Reaction score
Hi folks... My wife bought me a Barolo kit from this company thru Amazon. After reading the buyers comments, sounds like everyone was fairly happy after they'd cut the water to 5.5/5 gallons, or added fruit. Understanding that this is my second kit and I don't yet feel comfortable deviating from the instructions on my own hook, I'd appreciate any advice that would result in a robust, drinkable product with 9-10% ABV. Any and all suggestions that don't involve a felony are greatly appreciated!

I would make it up to 5-5.5 gallons and perhaps add some banana mash. I've done that with a red VI kit before and the results were decent. Note that this will raise the ABV to about 12 or so.

You could also make it up to 5.5 gallons and backsweeten with some welches concentrate for more flavor (the VI kits ferment dry). This would keep the ABV in your range.

You could also make it up to 5.5 gallons and backsweeten with some welches concentrate for more flavor (the VI kits ferment dry). This would keep the ABV in your range.

I'm assuming that the concentrate is mixed & used to 'top off' the carboy at the fining statge?

BTW, I started with 5.5 gallons and added a slurry made with 10oz of Zante Currants and a cup of the juice mix. Prior to adding the slurry, the SG was 1.07. Any problems with that number? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back