Skittle Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does look must, but maybe out will look alot better after clearing. I put some beano in mine to attack the starch and then put in sparkolloid to clear, it seems to be working a little bit. When my girl saw that I put beano in it she asked if it was to Degas it, we both laughed for a good 5 minutes. Haha

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I was wondering if there was more yellow and orange Skittles in the bags. I racked it, degassed and added Super Kleer this afternoon.

Here's pics, they both are from the same batch, the pink one in first pix is with out any clearing agents. The second one is after beano and sparkolloid. Both pics are from today

ForumRunner_20120823_230943.jpg

ForumRunner_20120823_231013.jpg

Anything b4 the super clear?, most can't clear skittle wine because off the starch in it. That's why they use beano or amalyse enzyme if you can find it, before super clear

No, I didn't use anything for the starch. How much beano would you use for 5 gallons?

I'm not sure, I ordered some amalyse enzyme for the other one to see if one works better than the other. I used one crushed beano for the half gallon and I think it was to much, but I would guess maybe 3 crushed pills for 5 gal...

This is what it looks like today. It seems to be clearing up. I will give it a week or so and then I will rack. Then let it sit for another month or so.

ForumRunner_20120824_135007.png

So after a stalled fermentation, I re-pitched. This thing took FOREVER to finish. Probably went several weeks. Here is a photo just 1 day after adding Super-Kleer. I was shocked how quickly and well it worked.

526221_10151009468037245_434464018_n (1).jpg

When I added Super-Kleer it cleared it up quick also. I racked my Skittle wine yesterday and this is what I have.

ForumRunner_20120903_205309.png

I think I will stabilize next weekend and make a concoction with a small bag of Skittles to sweeten it up a tad.

I've been forced to be away from my skittle wine for nearly a month now and it has been in secondary the whole time. Anything bad come from leaving it on all that secondary sediment for to long?

I wouldn't think so. If you are fermenting it til it stops, it should be all good!! If you planned on crashing it around 1.010, you missed it bigtime!

Back