What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ehhhh........ This wasn't good enough for you?

"Definitely give this wine a decant for about an hour. It pours dark and opens up with powerful, spicy aromas; medium plus in body, soft and elegant as the tannins have started to mellow out; dark fruit flavor, blueberry and blackberry, more pepper and spice toward the finish, with dark chocolate and earthy notes."

Ehhh...
Tasting notes please...heading to Costco tomorrow to get me a bottle.

I agree with the decanting advice. This is very good. Bone dry, with plenty of tannin. Nice fruit. I bought 4 today. Might go back and get a few more to let them sit for 2, 3, maybe 4 more years.

Also agree with decanting.
In my opinion, the Merlot/Cab from Costco is cheaper and is a tad better in aroma and cherry flavors. But all in all this Tempranillo is a winner.

LE 2015 Aglianico from RJS. Started in July, 2015. Anise, black pepper and cherry. I added 1tsp of Tancor Grand Cru during primary. Thought I'd added another during bulk, but my notes don't reflect that. It got 10 weeks in the barrel. It's a lightweight, relative to commercial Aglianico, but pretty nice. Severely lacking in tannin. But with that fixed, think this would be excellent. Rather enjoyable as it is though.

2016 agentina malbec. Opened a bottle of le16 cab franc and have a bottle of apothic inferno on standby.

+1 on decanting red wines

AA1B9692-97DE-4F82-BE4B-DDA0457FF11E.jpg

Last edited:
Killed the rest of a CC Showcase Rosso Fortissimo (44 mos.) started yesterday, then made a serious dent in a CC Showcase Yakima Valley Syrah (45 mos.). To be fair, I used quite a bit of the Syrah in cooking my lamb ragout.

A California Chard-from-juice I made last season... I named it Sister Golden Hair.

Jim, last night when I was trying to figure out what to open I pulled out the bottle you gave me. I guess I never looked at the bottle. You did such a great job on the label I put it back and went my all time favorite Effingham Norton. I'm going to save yours for when I have company to share it with.

Thanks again and I still owe you.

Latest posts

Back