Post Your Storage Pictures!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Reaction score
Post pictures of your storage setup from racks to rooms.

Here is a few pics of my rack. Please, no comments about filling it up. LOL It is full now and I need to get another one.

Smurfe

100_0248.jpg

100_0251.jpg

100_0250.jpg

100_0249.jpg

Looking for some help

Hey...
I just started making my first batch of wine (from a kit). My wife and I want to start making both wine and beer - haven't gotten the equipment for the beer yet. That all being said... I'm going to start working on my coal-cellar. I wanna clean it up and turn it into a wine-cellar.

THAT being said... I'm trying to find some good shelving units for the bottles. Smurfe... where did you get those shelves??

Just trying to find the right thing to do.

I ordered them from Sam's Club online. I don't think they sell them in the stores. The wife then went to Hobby Lobby and bought the frilly stuff around them.

These racks are commercial wine racks. I thought they turned out very well and were considerably cheaper than wood. I believe I paid $57.00 a piece plus shipping. There are 2 racks there hooked together.

Here is the link
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=144911

Smurfe :)

How many friends can one guy have?

Wade, either you have alot of wine, a lot of friends or both!!:) Thats a great set up. I hope you can be an inspiration to some of the newbies like myself. Keep on Wining!:)
Troy

Here's some modular racks I have made.... They work great but I need something more simple and easier to make quickly for large volume storage :D
picture.php

Here is my wine making room.

Wade, I was looking at that on your site yesterday. I want to get where you are at. ¿How on earth do you manage to drink all of that wine? ¿Or do you just have a lot of friends?

Here's some modular racks I have made.... They work great but I need something more simple and easier to make quickly for large volume storage :D

I have a wood working shop here at the house. I am already planning out bottle storage.

Last edited:
I dont drink a lot and thats why im having a problem with overage. I have all my racks full now and bottles are piling up on the floor now and I still have 175 bottles worth bulk aging. This is the main reason that I am going to start playing with distillates now as I have way too much wine, I also have to make a few more batches of beer as my cornies are almost empty.

There goes Wades front yard

See thats what happens when you get addicted to wine making, Whats the wife gonna say when she sees you digging up the back yard for a wine cellar. Iffin I was you, send her on vacation, then do it!!:) Try to explain to her that the wine may be worth alot of ...well...wine 10 yrs from now. HeeHee.:D
Troy

I dont drink a lot and thats why im having a problem with overage. I have all my racks full now and bottles are piling up on the floor now and I still have 175 bottles worth bulk aging. This is the main reason that I am going to start playing with distillates now as I have way too much wine, I also have to make a few more batches of beer as my cornies are almost empty.

Sounds like you have a serious alcohol problem. Maybe an intervention is in order.

A wine making intervention, there would be a lot of guilty people here of this problem!:)

Say WADE,
You ever make extracts?
maybe we can start a cello topic? Vince saw I make Lemon cellos and others but because of time could not taste any :(

See why I need much more room!!!

picture.php

On the rack now is my Mosti Vinafera Noble Cab.. My GA Riesling is the only one waiting for new storage now, but as of now I only have 16 bottles left after the inlaws grabbed a few up.. Very popular!! Have that one in the basement on regular shelving as of now..

BTW.. The primaries in the background were used for an IPA I just made.. Needed to run the small blowoff tube into a bucket in the other primary because SWMBO was complaining about the hop smell!!

Last edited:
Does anyone have any other ideas for bulk storage. Within the next year, I am going to need storage for approx. 160 bottles. Pics or plans wuld be a great help. It should be simple and cheap. Thanks

160 bottles is about 13 cases. Here is just some of my 90+full cases. just age them upside down in cases.

IMG_1701.jpg

Thanks guys. Both good suggestions. I get so many good ideas from people on this forum.

Latest posts

Back