Pretty Good Deal

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not one who has trouble moving carboys and small barrels around, but I figured, why push my luck. Moving stuff around the wine room is pretty innocuous, moving 8-10 carboys from the fermentation area to the wine room, a distance of 50 or 60 feet, a little more tenuous.

I picked this little gem up a few weeks ago and have been using it, and find it very useful. Rated for 150#, and folding up into an easily storable configuration, for $25, pretty good deal if you need to move carboys, demis, or barrels any appreciable distance.

First pic shows it fully opened with a 6 gal carboy in place (I do pop a bungee cord in place when moving wine filled vessels, just in case), second pic is the unit folded up next to the carboy, for scale.

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

great moving tool. make sure you use a bungee cord.

I like it but I'd need one with bigger wheels for getting my full carboys from the kitchen down to the basement. Bigger wheels should help in getting down the stairs.

I like it but I'd need one with bigger wheels for getting my full carboys from the kitchen down to the basement. Bigger wheels should help in getting down the stairs.

Yeah, I don't think this little guy would do much for stair travel. Does great with the 1/2" threshold into the wine room, but I wouldn't venture onto the stairs either.

I dont think a demijohn would work with that. With the curve toward the bottom, I think it would slide right off the bottom platform. Maybe if the bottom can be extended with a board or something

Latest posts

Back