Sparkling Wine using Soda Stream!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I’ll get one , model # you used??
They quit making the model I purchased years ago because it was easy to modify and make it work with non Sodastream CO2 bottles (which is why I bought it of course). I bought adapters to allow me to use paintball gun CO2 canisters that could be refilled for cheap at sporting goods stores etc. These days it looks like people are selling adaptors still that allow you to refill a Sodastream canister by using a larger CO2 canister of some sort. I think cost to swap out (exchange) a Sodastream canister is ~$15-$20 these days.

This one is a current model sold online that looks the closest to mine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q3966XW?ref=emc_p_m_5_i

They quit making the model I purchased years ago because it was easy to modify and make it work with non Sodastream CO2 bottles (which is why I bought it of course). I bought adapters to allow me to use paintball gun CO2 canisters that could be refilled for cheap at sporting goods stores etc. These days it looks like people are selling adaptors still that allow you to refill a Sodastream canister by using a larger CO2 canister of some sort. I think cost to swap out (exchange) a Sodastream canister is ~$15-$20 these days.

This one is a current model sold online that looks the closest to mine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q3966XW?ref=emc_p_m_5_i
Intrigued! ...but have a few ?s

- 100psi wine bottles would work with this? (I'm looking to use 1L swingtop bottles)
- how many bottles can you sparkle up on a C02 canister?
- is the amount of C02 put into a bottle adjustable?
- do you cork immediately after sparkling up a bottle?
- any other tips/tricks et al for peeps considering this option?

Thanks and Cheers!

Last edited:

- 100psi wine bottles would work with this? (I'm looking to use 1L swingtop bottles)

Thanks and Cheers!

You have to use the supplied sodastream plastic bottle. I suppose you could pour the wine back into a wine bottle but have never tried. I only carb and then drink immediately pouring from the sodastream bottle into a wine glass or champagne flute.

I would say you could carb ~50 bottles aprox. It depends on how many shots of CO2 you hit the bottle with. 3-5 shots is about max. I see some of the more expensive machines now are plug in type with led indicators and buttons for things like carb level. The cheaper machines are non electric, just a simple push button on top to release a shot of CO2. You want more CO2 you just hit it with another shot until it reaches a carb level you like. If you give it too much CO2 when you unscrew it, the bottle could foam up and out if you over carb it.

need a classroom can you provide
Its simple, just pour your wine in and if you need to, add marbles to raise the volume up to the fill line on the bottle. Attache the bottle to the machine by screwing it on. Hit the button on top to send CO2 into the wine for 2-3 seconds. You can usually hit it with 3-5 burst of CO2. Let it sit for a bit to settle and then slowly unscrew the bottle and either cap the bottle or pour your wine into glasses and serve. Chill the wine before hand so its ready to drink and CO2 will go/stay in solution better at cooler temps.

I would always wipe the tip off with a wet rag when your done. You don't want the tip to plug up with dried wine.

Its simple, just pour your wine in and if you need to, add marbles to raise the volume up to the fill line on the bottle. Attache the bottle to the machine by screwing it on. Hit the button on top to send CO2 into the wine for 2-3 seconds. You can usually hit it with 3-5 burst of CO2. Let it sit for a bit to settle and then slowly unscrew the bottle and either cap the bottle or pour your wine into glasses and serve. Chill the wine before hand so its ready to drink and CO2 will go/stay in solution better at cooler temps.

I would always wipe the tip off with a wet rag when your done. You don't want the tip to plug up with dried wine.
Right after new year I’ll start to employ the soda stream and will as k again , ok?🍇🍇🍷🍷

Thanks and Cheers!
This is more of a carbonate and drink option. I am sure you could use the included bottle and carbonate wine in that and transfer to your swing tops, but it is really a 15 second thing to carbonate before drinking. The colder anything is the easier it is to carbonate.

I think it is something like 120 liter bottles you can carbonate per canister, and you can do anything from a light sparkle to burning bubbly. you just pulse the gas. once, a little bubbly. Twice or more, a lot of bubbly. The bottle only holds so much pressure before the seal leaks so you hit the gas a few times and the bottle 'farts', you can still hit it with more gas, but you can't pressure the bottle beyond that point.

the bottles thread into the soda stream so unless you get a thread adapter, no wine bottle. I have an adapter so I can use a commercial co2 tank, and I can thread plastic beer bottles into mine.

Totally worth it for me. Once you get one you will see there is nothing to it. No lessons needed

Latest posts

Back