Newbie from NY here!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is and you usually need 4 cases to make 10 gallons. Have you ever tried the RJS Brew House with a liquid yeast, they come out pretty good. I also do all grain batches but will test out a few items for the other forum I am on when they get new products. I made the Cream Ale with the smack pack and it came out pretty good. Not too many beers come out good when using a Muntons dry sachet.

Last edited:
I have not tried the RJS Brew House. I hadn't heard of it until now. I just looked it up and it sounds interesting. After going from extract to all-grain a couple years ago, I haven't really looked back... but if I want to brew something quick for a party or something I might check one of these kits out.

I'm in the middle of a new home purchase (probate homebuying sucks, but the house was perfect for us), which has put my winemaking on hold for now, but I plan on ramping up again once we get into the new house... so for now I'm making my holiday beers as it's much easier/safer to move aging kegs of beer to a new house than full carboys of wine. ;)

I think wine from grapes will be much later down the road for me. First, I want to build a wine cellar to hold my purchased wine and kit wine.

I live in Colonie, but grew up in Scotia.. Get most of my stuff from Hammersmith in Latham... BHBL graduate 1985.

Cheers!!

That's where I get my supplies as well and I grew up in Scotia. Not to make you feel old, but I was born in 1985. I graduated from Scotia in 2003.

That's where I get my supplies as well and I grew up in Scotia. Not to make you feel old, but I was born in 1985. I graduated from Scotia in 2003.

Wow.. I do feel old now!!:eek:

:D

I was right on the line between BH & Scotia.. lived off Van Buren. Back then the 2 schools were pretty big rivals, I think now they are in different divisions..

Wow.. I do feel old now!!:eek:

:D

I was right on the line between BH & Scotia.. lived off Van Buren. Back then the 2 schools were pretty big rivals, I think now they are in different divisions..

I think you are right. I believe Burnt Hills and Scotia were rivals when I was in High School! Spartans vs Tartans. I know Queensbury always walked all over Scotia. It wasn't as much as a rivalry as it was a slaughter. I'm not sure how well they are doing these days???

How'd the wife like the Irish Stout?

I think you are right. I believe Burnt Hills and Scotia were rivals when I was in High School! Spartans vs Tartans. I know Queensbury always walked all over Scotia. It wasn't as much as a rivalry as it was a slaughter. I'm not sure how well they are doing these days???

How'd the wife like the Irish Stout?

We both actually loved it.. I added 1 cup hersheys cocoa powder to the 5 gal batch. Flavor came out very nicely.. Only stout I have truly enjoyed!

:b

More upstate NY abuse (from upstate NY)

My husband's favorite Foxworthy line that he thought applied to us, and our poor rural area in upstate NY -

When a tornado comes through your area and does $100,000 worth of improvements.

I love it here! We are in Schoharie County, and I grew up in a small village near here with a population of about 1200. A lot of my family has moved to Florida; I tell them we'll keep better here in the cold. We'll see...

I have bottled one kit wine so far, a GrandCru Chianti, and have a 1 gallon batch of dandelion wine underway (it sure takes a long time to pick two quarts of dandelion flowers, especially with a new puppy to help) and and my goal is to get confident enough to start a raspberry mead with my own raspberries and my neighbor's honey.

Here's to New York! (I'm tipping one here.)

Hey, I spent nearly 30 years in Syracuse - and there is ONLY one season!
Hint: White! I miss it though. My two daughters are students at SU (where I worked for many years).

Latest posts

Back