Small cooking wine test

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackadam

Junior
Reaction score
My first Skeeter Pee!

Hey everyone!

I started my first batch of skeeter pee last night, and my second ever attempt at brewing! I thought I'd share.

Doing a one gallon batch. I'm enough of a noob that I don't want to do any large batches yet; and one gallon also allows for lots of experimentation!

This attempt:

12oz of organic lemon juice (because the co-op was closest)
3&1/2 cups sugar
1tsp yeast nutrient
1/2tsp yeast energizer
2 packets Lavin EC-1118

I dissolved the sugar in hot filtered tap water, added the lemon juice, the nutrient and the energizer. Then I rehydrated and pitched one packet of yeast. At this point I got distracted by youtube, then forgetting I had already done it, rehydrated and pitched yeast again. Finally, topped off with room temperature filtered water.

As of this morning it is bubbling pretty well. Getting a bubble from the airlock every 2 to 3 seconds. I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes. If you have any advice or criticism let me know!

Tags: descargar tonos, message tones, descargar sonidos para celular gratis, funny ringtone

Last edited:
for one gallon one packet of EC1118 would have been enough . nominally 1 gram per gallon of must is dosage. quit counting bubbles and use a hydrometer to detect fermentation completion.

Skeeter tends to need oxygen to get through fermentation. I would give it a really good stir every day, until she runs dry. As noted, this is measured with a hydrometer, bubbles can be misleading.

Good luck, you are on your way!

Latest posts

Back