Hello From Wyoming!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenkiper

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone from windy Wyoming! My wife and I are brand new to wine making. We just got our equipment in the mail this week from the WMTS. We are very excited to get started! However we are having some debate on what kit to order for our first try. Does anyone have any tips on the kit we should select? Or any tips in general... Any and all feedback will be great. We look forward to talking to you all. Thanks in advance!

Ken & Kristie Kiper

Welcome to the forum! What kinds of wine do you like?
smiley1.gif

Just saw another post by you. You like Pinot Grigo. I would start with a pinot grigo that will be ready to drink in about 3 months. That way you can start tasting the fruits of your labor fairly soon. An example would be Mosti's VineferaNoble Pinot Grigo. http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDet.asp?PartNumber=VN46

After that you can begin to do some kits that will take a little more time.

Just my 2 cents. Have fun.
smiley1.gif

Thank you for the welcome. We will check into getting that kit and give it a try. Any idea on a sweeter kit for my wife. We have very different taste.
Thanks

Ken & Kristie.

Welcome Ken, that kit listed above would be a great 1 to start off with.

Any of the Pinot kits are pretty good. You can even do one of the cheaper kits like the Vintners Reserve Pinot and get a good wine. The Wine Expert Selection White Zin is a fantastic semi sweet wine. The Mist kits are good sweet wines. I just ordered one of the Mosti Meglioli Pinot Grigio del Veneto that I need to get started. I expect great results from an all juice Pinot. We will see.

If you like reds you cant go wrong with a cab/savignon. With whites like everyone said Pinot Grigio

Welcome aboard Ken and Kristie, look forward to sharing the hobby with you. In addition to the advice here, you can always call George at FVW (our forum host) , he's very good at steering people to where they want to go.

Welcome to the obsession! I recommend a viognier or reisling to start. We often back sweeten half the wine when we bottle and leave half dry. But don't forget the reds. They take much longer to age so start them soon!

Hello from Central Texas and welcome. My wife and I too are new to winemaking. We are getting ready to start our 3rd batch tomorrow. Just got our equipment at Christmas. You will get hooked in no time! Our suggestion for your first kit is what we were told, make something you like to drink. In our case, it was a white zinfandel kit. Any way, good luck and have fun.

Thank you to everyone. Its great to have so many nice people to share with. We are very excited to get going. Looks like we will start with a semi-sweet wine in order to keep us both happy. We look forward to many years of wine making and life together.

Ken & Kristie

Hello Ken & Kristie,
Welcome to wine making and to the forum! My wife only likes sweet wines and her favorite is the Orchard Breezin Sangria with Seville Orange -
http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDet.asp?PartNumber=14876

We are about to start our third kit on this one as we can't keep it around! I'm sure there are many tasty mist wines. Another nice thing about these is you can basically drink them immediately.

Good luck!
Wayne

Welcome Ken and Kristie,

Might I suggest his and her Primaries and Carboys. Then you can have more than one batch running at a time. Trust me you will want this..............
smiley36.gif

Welcome Wyoming and Wyomingette, beautiful state by the way. Keep us posted on your batches WITH pictures please
smiley1.gif

Enjoy

Yes we have already thought about doing two batches at once. We are going to start with one and see where it leads us....

Latest posts

Back