Register Now!

Wine Making & Grape Growing Forum > Grape Growing / Vineyard Management / Commercial Winery > Commercial Winery Forum > Bottle filler

Old 12-28-2016, 09:21 AM   #11
applelover12

Dec 2015
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hello
I have bought the enolmatic filter and the enolmatic bottle filler, but I have problems using them.

I set it up as described and I can use the bottle filler without problems, but when I hook up the filter, the filling of the bottle takes several minutes for just one bottle.

The wine gets sucked into the filter but I can see that on the output hose it is filled with foam and bubbles, which is probably CO2.

What can I do to be able to fill bottles with the filter.
If I got a Buon Vino filter - can I filter with remaining CO2 ?

Old 12-28-2016, 07:31 PM   #12
vacuumpumpman
Vendor
WMT_SPONSOR.png

Aug 2011
Liked 771 Times on 562 Posts
Likes Given: 1729

I would recommend contacting the manufacture and hopefully they can straighten you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applelover12 View Post
Hello
I have bought the enolmatic filter and the enolmatic bottle filler, but I have problems using them.

I set it up as described and I can use the bottle filler without problems, but when I hook up the filter, the filling of the bottle takes several minutes for just one bottle.

The wine gets sucked into the filter but I can see that on the output hose it is filled with foam and bubbles, which is probably CO2.

What can I do to be able to fill bottles with the filter.
If I got a Buon Vino filter - can I filter with remaining CO2 ?

Old 12-28-2016, 10:48 PM   #13
Brub58

Apr 2016
Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I've had much the same problem and I think it leaks at the seal where the lid joins the body. Make sure the filter is as far in as you can get it and then screw the lid on really tightly. I get a good seal if I don't put a filter in the body of the unit so I think the filters are a tight fit and if you aren't careful you won't get a good seal.

I have also tried shaving any high spots off the bottom of the filter and that seems to help as well. You can also try putting a finger over the inlet and sucking on the outlet (before you start). If you can draw any breath at all, you're not sealed.

Good luck with sorting it out. It's a great unit once you work out what you need to do to seal that filter.