RJ Spagnols 2017 Restricted Quantity (RQ) Program Cut off Oct.12 2016

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, online through the checkout process. I haven't received an email yet but what I do is I call them when I know the kit is available and then pay over the phone at that point.

Did you order the Vermentino?

Did you order the Vermentino?

Yes, I did, but also ordered from Homebrewsupply since they had that sale like a month ago (around $97 shipped to me).

The order from HBS was paid with my CC online.

I may cancel the order from LP.....

Did you call and confirm with LP that they received the kit?

EDIT: I paid $95.71 total with the Black Friday promo.

Last edited:
Anyone heard from their HBS about when these will be released and shipped? The folks at few are checking, but hadn't heard anything. I'm not in a huge rush. Need to bottle the SLM to free up a carboy before kicking off the cab. But, it would be nice to know what's going on.

No rush here but I believe in HBS newsletter email yesterday it said that the first shipment of Jan (cab franc) should be coming in next week.

But from what i saw on another post, the cab franc is released since someone was making it on FB. So just HBS seems to be getting their order a little late. Same feeling of no rush here as well though as i have to make some space and wait for some more carboys to arrive

No rush here but I believe in HBS newsletter email yesterday it said that the first shipment of Jan (cab franc) should be coming in next week.

But from what i saw on another post, the cab franc is released since someone was making it on FB. So just HBS seems to be getting their order a little late. Same feeling of no rush here as well though as i have to make some space and wait for some more carboys to arrive

The Cab Franc is the LE for Winexpert this year. RJS is running a French Cab Sauv as the first release in their RQ17 program. Hoping to hear more from the guys at FVW soon.

Well. It's mid February. Has anyone gotten their RQ French Cab yet?

Didn't order one. But I am still waiting on my Passport Cabernet Sauvignon Rose - also due out this month. (not that I have any free carboys to get it going though)

I ordered the Rose' never made one going to us a champagne yeast and maybe a small fpac of raspberries since that's part of the taste profile of a Rose' ,just a thought

I ordered the Rose' never made one going to us a champagne yeast and maybe a small fpac of raspberries since that's part of the taste profile of a Rose' ,just a thought ��

Is that the Cabernet Sauvignon Rose from Kenridge? Got that one too. Really looking forward to it.

So I poked around the bag of goodies that comes with this one. The oak is actually oak chips and not cubes. Surprised by that. Also, the yeast is the RC212. I'm okay with that.

Has anyone worked with the dried skins before? Any pointers on how to maximize the benefits?

Finally, the free corks are the aglomerated (sp) #9 @ 1.5". Would you use them for this wine, or maybe use them on a shorter term wine (one that will be ready for consumption sooner)?

Last edited:
i have worked with the dried skins a few times (from rjs grand cru international kits). the first two i did, i put the skins in the mesh bag provided....both turned out really nice. the one i just did and is in bulk now, i just opened the dried skins bag and dumped EVERYTHING into the primary (per instructions....if wanting to get maximum out of skins). it is a bit of a mess when cleaning your primary, but i would definitely do it again if this one turns out better than the other 2.

Last edited:
Blanc de Noir shipped today. Now I've got 3 kits on deck, and the Blueberry Pink Lemonade coming next month. I've got to get to work.

Latest posts

Back