What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a recipe for a good pizza dough - one without a memory that will stretch out thin.

I've been using this: Pizza Dough {Master Recipe} – A Couple Cooks and experimenting with varying proportions of AP flour and 00 flour. Somewhere between 60 and 80% AP seems to be the zone for me, dependent upon where I'm cooking. In the oven at 550 does better with higher proportions of AP. If I'm going on the grill where I can get 600F or sometimes even close to 700, the 00 flour does better.

It is MUCH better if you make, let it do the initial rise, then store in the fridge for 3 days, as the instructions state in the link.

Need the deets please!

Oven or Weber?
Time and temp?

Looks PDG!

Dough: Pizza Dough {Master Recipe} – A Couple Cooks. 75% AP Flour, 25% Caputo 00.
Sauce: San Marzano Tomato Pizza Sauce Recipe | The Home Pizzeria (I add about 1/2tsp of red wine vinegar for a little zing)

Made up on Saturday, so only 24 hours in the fridge - much better flavor after 3 days though.

550F oven, preheated for an hour before the first pie went on. Each one was 6-8 minutes - I didn't time it, so not exactly sure. I took them off when they looked done. I should've taken that one off a tad sooner. I focus too much on browning that crust and it can get a little crunchy on the outside.

Last edited:
I use King Arthur Lancelot hi-gluten flour when possible. It holds up to the high temperature of the KettlePizza better than lower gluten flours. The recipe will work with any flour I've noticed.

I use 3/4 cup of filtered or RO water since I sometimes add some sourdough discard to the dough for flavor. Usually ends up about 2 1/4 cups of flour per dough after the rest and the last addition.

I've been using this: Pizza Dough {Master Recipe} – A Couple Cooks and experimenting with varying proportions of AP flour and 00 flour. Somewhere between 60 and 80% AP seems to be the zone for me, dependent upon where I'm cooking. In the oven at 550 does better with higher proportions of AP. If I'm going on the grill where I can get 600F or sometimes even close to 700, the 00 flour does better.

It is MUCH better if you make, let it do the initial rise, then store in the fridge for 3 days, as the instructions state in the link.

Thank you. I hadn't seen that one before. I'll give it a try!

Hello? Is this thing on?

Anyway, tonight we enjoyed: Sautéed fennel; tabouleh (macerated shallots, lemon juice, cilantro, tomatoes, preserved lemons); collard greens, sauteed in freshly rendered pork lard, simmered with beef bones and ho-made beef stock; grilled Pacific cod, with mango/jalapeño salsa (with macerated shallots, cilantro, lime). Only after I started my mis-en-place did I realize how large the overlap is between the ingredients of the tabouleh and the mango salsa!

IMG_1007.JPG

Tonight we enjoyed roasted delicata squash (coriander); stir-fried bok choy and peppers 🌶; Japanese eggplant marinated in soy/sesame/ginger then roasted; and a grass-fed t-bone marinated in soy/sesame/garlic/ginger/molasses, then grilled to rare.

IMG_1009.JPGIMG_1010.JPG

They pulled all the Goya off the shelves at Smiths several months ago........

That looks good. I have a couple bottles of the regular Mojo still.

They pulled all the Goya off the shelves at Smiths several months ago........

That looks good. I have a couple bottles of the regular Mojo still.

Was that a political statement, or did they have some other reason?

Wegman's was out of the regular Mojo, but I love that smokey chipotle flavor, so I figured I'd give it a try.

Focaccia on the grill, not used tonight! Broccoli, steamed, then seared on grill, doused with lemon/butter/caper/garlic sauce. Griilled ribs of Swiss chard topped with parmesan cheese. Red potatoes, roasted on grill, then fried in a cast-iron pan in lamb fat on the grill. And grilled salmon, served with a sauce of sage, honey, and browned butter.

IMG_1011.JPG

Latest posts

Back