What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weather concerns had me firing up the Genesis tonight. Storms all around and I knew if I started a chimney on the Performer, the skies would open up. Since I cooked on the gasser, we didn't see more than a few drops, but had thunder and lightning all around. I bought some pre-marinated Peruvian chicken from Wegmans and made a modified "Solterito", along with some "Peruvian" potatoes.

That all sounded and appeared scrumptious!

Wonderful grilling weather here, unlike Jim's dubious situation. Off the grill, I made tabouleh (cous cous) with lemon juice, shallots macerated in lemon juice, tomatoes, parsley, ho-made preserved lemons, and EVOO. May have been my best tabouleh yet, as I did not overdo the lemon juice for a change. Also made blanched then grilled ribs of Swiss chard, served with a garlic/oil sauce with parmigiano-reggiano, served with raita from Mrs. S_G; grilled green beans with sweet onions and marjoram; and the star of the show was grilled sablefish (aka black cod). This was outstanding. This fish does NOT want to be underdone, but rather cooked to something like medium (were it beef). After some salt, pepper, and oil, I seared it hard on the grill, with an internal temp of about 130-135 when I took it off, climbing to 140 later. I smothered this with a garlic/butter/lemon/basil sauce. It was delectable.

IMG_0938.JPGIMG_0941.JPG

Tried this tonight. Came out great - very flavorful and tender!
I am pleased that you liked it. The recipe works just as well with pork tenderloin. (I have had friends think it was veal.) The preparation involves slicing the tenderloin into 1" medallions and pounding them to about 1/2." The only difference in the ingredients is the addition of capers to the pan during deglazing.

Outstanding, Paul. Glad to know I'm not the only one that goes too far with the lemon juice on tabouleh. ;)

I used to use 1/2 water and 1/2 lemon juice when reconstituting. This time, I used a bit more than 3/4 water, and a bit less than 1/4 lemon. I thought it needed a touch more lemon than that, but then I decided to add the preserved lemon instead.

What's for lunch...crab cakes! A neighbor of mine who I make pizzas for (just delivered two an hour ago) showed up with 8 oz of lump blue crab from Chrisfield Maryland. His daughter brought him an early b-day present and he shared some with us. Followed the first recipe I found on the web and they turned out delicious. Made up a crab cake sandwich for lunch. Yum!

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/maryland-crab-cakes/

9-5-20_crab-1.jpg

9-5-20_crab-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back