Chateau Michaelena Vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are looking good for the next 10 days. So good that I planted my Tomatoes this weekend. I have the water walls to protect and help them stay warm.

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 1.10.23 PM.png

What site do you get that off of? I'm having issues downloading the graphic for my area off of weather underground. We have a few mornings in the low 30's coming up once this wind dies down. I'm worried about my glads starting to poke their heads up, I'll have to cover them.

What site do you get that off of? I'm having issues downloading the graphic for my area off of weather underground. We have a few mornings in the low 30's coming up once this wind dies down. I'm worried about my glads starting to poke their heads up, I'll have to cover them.

Looks to me to be from weather.com

My tomatoes are still in the cart and not in the ground yet. I can roll them in if it looks to be too cold at night. Planting only Super Sauce and Bodacious this year as it's time to make sausa and marinara.

We survived a couple close calls a week or so ago. Two back to back days with lows of 35. Happy to report no damage and now we move on to worrying about hail every time we have a chance of rain (like we had on Sunday evening). Hit the vines with a first round of fertilizer a few days ago and they are responding nicely.

IMG_5382.JPGIMG_5383.JPGIMG_5384.JPGIMG_5385.JPGIMG_5386.JPG

Not a good year for us. Lost all of the Cab Franc vines, several America, a Buffalo, and a Sherdian. A couple was due to galling I believe, but will perform an autopsy and I've given the roots time to send up sprouts. As for the Cab Franc; I believe it was too wet and they 'drown'. The thing is most of them showed signs of life during pruning in early March. More rain on the way today.

Latest posts

Back