Wine Rack Project

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_A

Junior
Reaction score
Starting to plan some wine racks to replace the plastic utility shelves that I am using now. I am trying to decide between the diamond/cube layout and the scalloped or slatted shelves. The racks will be in my basement and out of the way, so ascetics are not the highest priority but I still want them to look nice. My biggest dilemma between the two styles is storage capacity. I have a limited space and want to store as much finished wine as I can.

From the various plans that I've seen, it seems that the diamond/cube style will hold more per cubic foot. I was curious if anyone could confirm that idea.

Thanks
Chris

they would hold more.....i like their looks..only thing i have against them is that if you have labels, they get a bit tussled when the bottles get turned against each other

20100215_190937_winerack_005_De.JPG

I built this one for less than 100 bucks. Using cheap wood from home depot....

The only tools I used was a little portable table saw, a chop saw, a tape measure, a small nail gun, and a power drill. (most were borrowed)

That looks real good, Goodfella.
smiley32.gif
That looks like it holds 130 bottles. Right?

the only thing i have against Goodfellas rack is that he keeps it outside :)

Al Fulchino said:
the only thing i have against Goodfellas rack is that he keeps it outside :)

That and the fact it has no wine in it..whats up with that goodfella..do ya need to slow down a bit on he sampling buddy
smiley36.gif

we just built the diamond style, its 7'tall, 4'wide and will hold 246 bottles. we just bottled our first 30, so we got a while. dad made the rack from spalted ambrosia tiger maple, its awsome.

We do love pictures Ashley.......Your bottle rack sounds awesome....
smiley20.gif

Pics or it never happened as they say!
smiley2.gif

appleweld said:
we just built the diamond style, its 7'tall, 4'wide and will hold 246 bottles. we just bottled our first 30, so we got a while. dad made the rack from spalted ambrosia tiger maple, its awsome.

Latest posts

Back