Anyone Make Their Own Accessories?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buy or make your accessories?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Sometimes

• Total voters

WoodTurner

Reaction score
How many people here buy or make their own wine making or drinking accessories? I personally like to make some of my own like glasses and stuff. Anyone else do that? Got any to show and share?

Just rooms and cellar racks and the pics in Wine rooms in the forum under side topics.

I'm partial to my Flintstone jelly glass for serious wine drinking....as the Possum used to say, fill Fred up to the navel...

Hmmmm. I should have made it a home made question only. I guess everyone would have to reply to explain their vote. I guess I wasn't thinking clearly without a glass in front of me. Cheers.

Does a plastic coat hanger for a Drill Stirrer count, or perhaps as its been so graciously explained to me a spiggot for a wine guzzler straw?
If either of these count then Heck Yeal!!!
smiley8.gif
and theres my 33% yes vote
lol...see yea next shift
smiley4.gif

No, I don't blow glass. Not yet anyway. I'm able to buy a set of wine glasses and remove the glass stems without breaking the bowl part then add a wooden stem. I'll try to post some sometime. Where is a goodthread/topic for pics of that sort on here?

I turned my Golden Harvest Drinking Jar in to a oil lamp, does that count?
20071204_144813_drinking_glass_.jpg

What he isn't telling you is that all he does is take a full jar of the white lightning, put the top on and light it up. Probably cheaper than oil now!

We don't so much make our own accessories as use things that weren't necessarily intended for making/drinking wine. I too love drinking wine from the Flintstones jelly jars.

OK. I'll give it a shot. The photos are not the best. I couldn't work out the slave flash to get rid of the shadows, but will try posting them there somewhere.

OK, I posted over on the Labels & Bottling forum. It uploaded the photo but didn't post it. What did I do wrong?
smiley5.gif

Latest posts

Back