new wine cellar project

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill B

Reaction score
This is my pool shed being reworked to a wine cellar
2006-01-31_174501_100_0174.JPG

Nother pic of the building being split to a 12 x 12 wine room
2006-01-31_174801_100_0175.JPG

and another
2006-01-31_174909_100_0176.JPG

and a good find. THIS IS A 8 FT 6 INCH STAINLESS SINK i FOUND FOR 165.00 at a salvage yard. Not bad donT you think. Ill be using an on demand hot water heater. Also this will have a dropceiling
2006-01-31_175551_100_0178.JPG
with r19 insulation, a 30 steel exterior door an recessed lighting.Walls are OSB. More pics to follow as I progress.

Bill

I would love to have a sink like that in my basement wine room.I love the deep basin. Actually, I'd love to have running water in my wine room
smiley19.gif
. The only thing running is me up and down the stairs rinsing and washing.

Great find
smiley32.gif

So that's where you've been.
smiley1.gif

Scrounging for very pretty stainless steel sinks.
smiley2.gif

I forgot to memtion that the building will be done in Vinal siding, and the Cellar will be Cooled and Heated by a 12,00 BTU HEAT/AC unit. A big project.

Bill

Thanks all. its been a lot of work. More than I thought. I hope to be done by the end of FEB. Ill keep you all posted when the open house is.

Bill

DANG that is fantastic.

I was hoping to buy some large tupperware containers for my"cellar."

Wanna trade??

earl

Where are you located, Bill? You seem to have very green surroundings, still, but the leaves on the trees are gone. And your hanging baskets got frost.... And if you have a pool, that means summers are bombastic.

I will guess.....

Tennessee/Virginia?

smiley36.gif

I don't know, Martina -- let's see, must be an Ace Hardware nearby, and looks like Doug Fir trees in the back, maybe a laurel or lilac in the corner.Hmmmm-- wonder what we get if we can guess it correctly?
smiley24.gif

Okay -- without any other hints I'll go with Oregon!

Sorry I took so long to reply. Martina and H2O Your both wrong. Im located in central Georgia about 100 miles south of Atlanta. We have had some cold days here 30 one day 70 the next. CRAZY. The Tree at the edge of the building is a TEA OLIVE or Sweet Olive It has very small white flowers which are very fragrant, like a Gardenia. No Fir trees here in GA. Too hot. The Ace store is where I work part time in the Garden/Nursery. The pool will open around the middle of May. All are welcome.

Bill

OH, before I forget, OilnH2O, those trees in the background are called Leyland Cypress. Many plant them here for privacy or barrier.

Well - NO PRIZE for me! But, I did live in Tennessee and Kentucky for awhile so you'll know I say with respect..."them trees shure look purty to me!"

A great project -- FYI -- our projectright now is just keeping the carboys and fermenters warm -- 2" of new snow last night, above freezing to mid-30's today and supposed to be below zero tonight and colder tomorrow! So, overnight I've got heating pads (on low) under my carboy of Bourgeron Rouge and primary of 3 day old Pinot Noir (doing nicely!) and both wrapped in foam camp pads -- and at that, the carboy is 72F and the primary is 78F -- OK -- you other northerners with all the stars by your name are laughing, but I'm LEARNING!
smiley36.gif

Well ja den, it be gettin' cold up here t'nite. We're lookin' at 19 below tonight, and that is Ferenheit folks! If you have a cupboard, a light bulb will help to keep those incubating chicks of yours warm!

Poor Bert went out to plug in my car for the first time this winter. The cord sparked and smoked. Guess it's shot!
smiley19.gif
I'll have to start that baby up well before launch time tomorrow! Keep your fingers and toes well covered. And, "Keep your stick on the ice. We're all in this together." Red Green

You know, you gotta keep that cord from hanging down below the bumper so that it hits the ground with every pothole! Then you don't have to say, "gee...I wonder how these prongs got so short...."
smiley36.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley36.gif

smiley36.gif
No kidding! A few years ago someone from down south moved up here and didn't know diddly about winter readiness. I suggested he get a block heater installed, and a good locally owned place to do so. A few days later I noticed the cord hanging out of the grill of his truck. I told him I was pleased to see that he'd gotten the heater installed but let him know that "real men" don't use the plug cover.
smiley2.gif
He looked at me like there was something wrong with me.
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

some recent pics of the winery/cellar
2006-03-10_130920_100_0192.JPG

This is the back ceiling with the AC/HEATING UNIT.
2006-03-10_131526_100_0193.JPG

Latest posts

Back