Flextank

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tex, I do not have a flex tank however anyone I know or winery that has plastic tanks are all switching over to Stainless Steel. If it's in the budget I would consider it. Kevininpa, Grapeman and a few others on here can give you a better answer.

I haven't used the Flextanks yet Texaswinemaker, but will be trying them soon. I bought some as aging barrels, also getting the Eco70 Maturation tank. I have stainless and they are nice, but I bought 560 gallons of storage for the price of one 160 gallon tank. Dan is right, it is a budget thing and my budget is ultra-stretched.

I am seeing very good quality and workmanship in the Flex, but I did not get any bells and whistles. For simple storage I think it will work great, letting a little oxygen in, but no wine evaporating out. Ask me in a year and I can answer better.

I purchased 8 - 80 gallon variable volume tanks 1 year ago. They're great. Not disappointed. I plan on adding more.

Thank you all for the responses! I really appreciate them. I am making my first big purchase of Cali grapes with the Central Texas Wine Guild and my budget is limited as a result. I'm going to try the Eco for that reason alone plus I have found, not verified, that they are doing well with time. I can keep everyone posted if the interest is there. I just couldn't justify spending the more then double the amount of money considering I'm also building my "home winery" as well!

Wish me luck and again thank you all for the responses. Definitely keep us posted grapeman!

Bruno, did you get any of the bells and whistles with your tanks?

Thank you all for the responses! I really appreciate them. I am making my first big purchase of Cali grapes with the Central Texas Wine Guild and my budget is limited as a result. I'm going to try the Eco for that reason alone plus I have found, not verified, that they are doing well with time. I can keep everyone posted if the interest is there. I just couldn't justify spending the more then double the amount of money considering I'm also building my "home winery" as well!

Wish me luck and again thank you all for the responses. Definitely keep us posted grapeman!

Bruno, did you get any of the bells and whistles with your tanks?

Yes, keep us posted. Thanks

I thought I would update this post.

My 30 gallon FlexTank has been wonderful so far. I did experience one little problem with the front nut that seals spigot opening. I called FlexTank and they immediately sent me another nut to replace the original.

When I decide I want to expand my mini home winery and vineyard I will probably end up using FlexTank exclusively. They are just too easy to maneuver in my home, empty of course.

I'll continue to update after the next racking. My Malbec is incredibly happy!

bump

It's been long time for this thread but had to ask if anyone has had any more experience with Flextank? Looks to be a solid deal for the small vineyard/home winemaker.

I purchased a thirty gallon flextank and have had a good experience with it. Although you will need to be creative when cleaning it, there are a few hard to reach areas. I would say a pump is necessary with extra hose because of the depth of the tank. Overall I was impressed on how it handled my Malbec.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I'm bumping this thread for more updates as these have been on my radar for awhile and now that I'm actually harvesting grapes I'm planning on investing in a couple for next year.

I emailed Flextank recently and they also mentioned there's a 15gal tank coming out and available in 2 weeks.

I've been thinking of getting a 23L oak barrel but this Flextank has got me thinking for a while....

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

It will not but throw a stave in it and nothing evaporates either. There's trade off's. I like the price. I'm thinking about getting a second one.

Last edited:
Geek, I do not but I have heard great things about them and would love a couple small ones. It's the price of them though that prevents me from buying any. I am not knocking them at all, just thinking of alternatives.

Dan,

I hear you. I will be looking at their release of their smallest 15gal tank coming out soon to check the price...my head was almost dead on with a 23L oak barrel but again this tank got me thinking.....hmmm

Back