Looking for a dry red wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmrubin

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,

I made a very nice red wine kit for my husband, he said it was good but a bit sweet for his liking. In your opinions, what is the best red wine kit for a husband who likes a really good dry red wine?

Someone suggested Wine Expert Grenache Cabernet with Grape Skins, would that be a good fit? Has anyone made that one?

Thanks!!
Karen

Hi,

I made a very nice red wine kit for my husband, he said it was good but a bit sweet for his liking. In your opinions, what is the best red wine kit for a husband who likes a really good dry red wine?

Someone suggested Wine Expert Grenache Cabernet with Grape Skins, would that be a good fit? Has anyone made that one?

Thanks!!

Karen

Hi Karen - what did you make previously? What was your final SG? Did you do any modifications to your kit?

Since you're making wine for you hubby, what wine does he like? Make that, but make sure its fermented to dry, oaked to his taste, properly degassed and sufficiently aged.

the "dryness" affect in wine is from tannin . any higher priced wine kit with grape skins and oak should work. also oak added post fermentation would add dryness. aging will smooth it out. Try any Malbec kit or a Old Vine Zinfandel.

Hi,

Thanks!!
Karen

I did the grenache cab wine expert, its tatses great so far, we did the wine expert cab franc as well and its very nice so far. I would highly recommend the rjs trio red.

Back