Original Skeeter Pee Recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe yeah buying several!

hubs just broke his, so we were down to mine.. as I was getting stuff ready, I said, omg it would be so awful to break my hydrometer now that we only have the one... well, of course, it broke. Hah!

RIP Trusty First Hydrometer 2017-2017

Seeing as there is an entire forum dedicated to Lon's masterpiece, I've opted to try a batch of my own. At 50 cents a bottle, I'll be happy with anything really. This has been an enjoyable read and I'm hoping my batch turns out all right! Pitching the yeast tonight.

My not skeeter pee but not dragon's blood wine was bottled today. 2# per gallon of triple berry mix, something like 30 oz per gallon lemon or lime (I use both). The FG was .996 and it took 4 cups of sugar (3.5 gallons) to get it to a nice sweetness. Very tasty. Not sure I'll ever make plain skeeter pee again. This one aged 2 months before it was okay to drink, I'll wait at least another month before I crack open a bottle, that's the only drawback to extra fruit as I see it. I'll keep a few until next year to taste also, but it's not weak, thin, or lacking in fruit taste.

Just finished reading the last ten pages.My question-reciepe calls for 7 lb.to start,or 16 cups.Seven lb.s is 14 cups.Am I missing something?

two cups of sugar does not come to exactly 1 lb. it is more like 13 oz. Actually you should just add enough sugar to bring your sg around 1.080

Oh,I took a 4# bag and it came to 8 cups.I'm thinking measureing is best cause I never come near Sg. dumping it in by the bag weight and end up adding more(pain)
Thanks,Julie.

My 2 cents. When I make it I just dump in 10 lbs. Easy one bag. Then usually a bit more water than the recipe calls for and the s.p. is on the way. Arne.

Recipe twist on SP - All Dollar Tree ingredients:

4 - Jumex 32 oz Strawberry/Banana drink
3 - Frutessa 17.6 oz Strawberry preserves (only citric acid as preservative)
8 - lb sugar inverted (had a little left)
2 - Reconstituted lemon juice 32 oz
2 - TBS Nutrient (one at start, one at SG 1.03 or so)
1 - TBS Peptic enzyme
1 - TBS Bentonite
1 - pack E-1118 yeast

SG to 1.095 - I know, keep the quest room ready.

Started it last week, So far So good

I'll take it dry or maybe to 1.00 SG. Stabilize, back-sweeten and clear.

Last edited:
Stupid question time...... Having just read the entire 10 pages of posts, I have to make this! With the volumes everyone is making, how are you bottling this? 1.5L bottles? 750's? Something else?

Lon used old Modelo bottles, makes for a single serving drink. I use both 1.5l and 750ml bottles. I have a couple hundred beer bottles that I may use. I haven’t made beer in almost a year, but I make skeeter pee often, so next batch may go to beer bottles.

ok, so I'm ready to try my hand at making a batch of this stuff!

Regarding using beer bottles, are you corking them or pressing a cap on?

I would cap the beer bottles, not sure how strong the neck would be to take a cork plus I am not sure if there are corks that slim to fit into a beer bottle.

Sheesh, "another" set of equipment/gear to acquire!

Not another set of equipment at all. The only thing required is a beer bottle capper, they are generally under $20 for a low end one that works just fine. Plus, then you might think about making beer, you have almost all the equipment now, except for a brew pot.

Not another set of equipment at all. The only thing required is a beer bottle capper, they are generally under $20 for a low end one that works just fine. Plus, then you might think about making beer, you have almost all the equipment now, except for a brew pot.

...well, i bought that capper, caps and a couple cases of bottles the other day. Sheesh. :)

Latest posts

Back