Homemade wine making

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morris

Reaction score
Making homemade vino and looking for others in the area of Southern NJ Coast (GSP exit 67) that would like to share ideas and tasting.

Mine

I normally do not have a "reciepe" as I acutally stay with the typical mosto and grapes that come from Europe, South America and USA. Lately the best has been a blend of CabSav/CabFranc and a 4 grape typical of Bordeaux. How much wine do you make per year?

Nice, too bad I'm on the other coast....but if you are ever out this way, pm!

I'm also in south jersey. I Just looked it up and I'm 45 min from you. Though 500 kilos of Chilean is an intimidating number and makes me hesitant to even reply here.
In the spring I crushed and destemmed 25 kilos (60+lbs of Chilean Cabernet along with 6 gallons of Chilean Cab/merlot fresh juice. Will be going with 70 kilos of grapes in the fall.
Family has made wine my entire life, and I have been making wine myself (not just as a helper) for about 10 years. Though 2 years ago I really jumped in the hobby and have gained more knowledge in the last year than I had gained from all he years prior.
I'm not familiar with Brognoligo, but I also have family in Italy all spread out. We are closest with our relatives located in Ascoli Piceno. We've both made trips to visit each other and share our homemade wine. Surprisingly enough Zio Sentimio's homemade from Italy and Andrew's homemade from US almost tasted identical. (Both used the same recipe that year).

Last edited:
500 kilo's of Chilean grapes (Blended 3 types different %)

While the vineyard grows up, I also buy a vineyard for winemaking. How do you get the Chilean grapes in what kind of packaging and at what price?

Latest posts

Back