preinoculated buckets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muskie003

Reaction score
I'm getting some Chilean juice buckets soon. The supplier says that they come already inoculated with yeast. Should I just let it go with what the supplier put in, or should I rehydrate and introduce my own anyway? No idea what strain it comes inoculated with. Pinot noir, Syrah, and Sauv Blanc if that matters....

I've made batches both ways (using my own vs. using theirs), and I haven't really noticed all that much difference. Just curious if anyone had any insight on it

how about k-meta? Does anyone know if they add k-meta in the juice buckets before they ship them? Just asking because of malo...

I've always in the past treated with K-Meta then introduced R-212. This year I let it go with the inoculated yeast. Foamiest stuff I've ever seen. Makes 3-4" diameter bubbles in a 12" foam layer.

so you're essentially knocking out the yeast it came with and adding your own? would just adding another strain of yeast work? I do know the foam you speak of though.....

Latest posts

Back