California Chardonnay Bucket.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only think I can think of is the quality of the juice.

Perhaps. But you have to think about the quality of the grapes too. ;) IMHO, white wine from juice buckets is a screaming good value. And if you're going to add fruit and/or make it off dry, 'quality juice' has a much broader definition. No other way you can make some decent summer 'porch pounders' for under $2/bottle.

Perhaps. But you have to think about the quality of the grapes too. ;) IMHO, white wine from juice buckets is a screaming good value.

I have to agree, having made some truly wonderful white wines from pressed, settled, frozen juice buckets, every bit as good if not better than most white wines I've ever tasted. Too bad white wine's not one of my favorites..........

summer 'porch pounders' for under $2/bottle.

Maybe $4/bottle with frozen bucket shipping but well worth it I think. And adding some dried or fresh fruit maceration into secondary or whatever you like is pretty nice too!

Now I really want to open a nice cold bottle of smooth sur lie mango chardonnay as the heat kicks it up a couple notches.

Cheers!
-jb

Mango, peach and apricot make my list for fruits for a white wine fpac in the primary.

Will go over to Joe’s threads on the subject to be sure on a few things (e.g. skins or no). But I’m liking the idea more and more.

Mango, peach and apricot make my list for fruits for a white wine fpac in the primary.

Will go over to Joe’s threads on the subject to be sure on a few things (e.g. skins or no). But I’m liking the idea more and more.
I've made a peach/mango (using frozen fruit from BJs) and, humph, Welches white grape/peach concentrate. I can only imagine it would be better with a chardonnay juice bucket. My last peach/mango try had 8 lbs of frozen mangos, 4 lbs of frozen peaches and 128 oz of Vintner's Harvest peach wine base and 12 peach/white grape frozen concentrates. It was rather "peachy" but good. And you could still taste some of the white grape (Niagara can be rather intense).

Back