Baco Noir and Seyval Blanc in Utah

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a week or so behind you. Yesterday's low was 21, this AM 34. Looks like a cool next 5-7 days with several fronts pushing through so hopefully they will all stay buttoned up for a week or two more. Be nice to hit May without any real push.

Very nice! Mine are starting since I pruned over the weekend. Hope the nice weather continues to hold!

Mgmarty what kind of wood did you use for your trellising? Your vineyard looks really nice!

I have 3 varieties and they all seem to break bud a little different and ripen at different times. Are they swelling/pushing at all? Scrape the bark and look for green wood. Brown is bad. I would think by now you should be seeing some swelling. I have lost a vine or two each year for no reason that I can tell except that these were all vines I ordered by mistake on grafted root stock. One by one they have been dying off after growing well for the first 2-3 years.

Pinot Gris have no place in Utah. Lost all six vines again this year. Searching for a good hybrid to replace them. A good blend with Seyval.

You need something "cold hardy" for sure. Chardonel, LaCrosse, St. Pepin, La Crescent. Whatever you like to drink profile wise.

Latest posts

Back