What are you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went though that about 6 years ago Gaudet but did msot of the work myself including jacking up the house and replacing sill plates and many floor joists. Still waiting on my computer back, guy thought it was the hard drive but put a new one in and still the same so he's playing with flashing bios what ever that means. Im lost when it gets that deep. I can replace hard drives and stuff but didnt think it was that and looks like I was right

I racked my Vidal ice wine today. Its about two months old now. The 7 gallon carboy was excellent tasting at a sg 1.07

The one gallon jug had a half pound of chocolate in it the I racked off of it. Holy smokes why didn't I do that to the other seven gallons. It was totally awesome tasting! Can't wait till Christmas when its completed!
smiley14.gif

Today while we were in the hills of PA in Kane we stumbled on an awesome winery caller Flickerwood Wine Cellars & Lounge. The place was awesome in this tiny town and first class. Wine I asked what they did with their usedwine bottles They said they sell them for 3.00 a case but have so many they would let them go for 1.50 a case. I then asked about ice wine bottles and they said they had those also. I told them I would take all they have. I walked away with five cases for ten dollars, YAHOOOO. They charge a bit more for those and there were several different colors also.

I worked overtime for the first time in about 3 years! 8.5 hours on probably the muggiest day yet here. I went home drenched from head to toe!
smiley11.gif

Digging holes with my post hole digger through volcanic rock in 90 degree heat! But at least its a dry heat (heave) as they say......
smiley11.gif

Getting all my holes dug and ready to transplant some more bootiful Corot Noir, Noiret and Marquette vines!

Well it was a bit warm here also, but not bad after some rains in the AM.

Then I dug 225 posts for planting posts through no volcanic rock (actually except for the ends of the rows- no rocks at all).
smiley36.gif
  I also cheated and used the Bobcat again to make getting between the vines easier.

Today? Not so sure, it started raining- and will rain over an inch today.............so much for the drought.

bottling, labelling, selling, no vineyard wok today....a bit wet today nd somewhat needed for lawns and such...next week, weed spray, cultivation, combing of vines...maybe a little shoot thinning of time...starting to plan and visualizing the paver/landscape area outside the vine yard...or the vine yard as my old hair cut person used to say

We had our turn under the tornado watch yesterday, but it was really a decent day overall. Today as Al said, is a bit moist- .6 inches of rain since 7 this AM with no real downpours- just a nice steady rain. I'm working out in the winery today.

Not a dang thing here except resting and re cooperating, my wife wont let me do anything! It is very very humid here today so wasnt really looking to do anything anyways!
smiley36.gif

I had enough dust for the day today working in the winery construction.

It is just too rainy outside now to do anything in the vineyard, so I decided with it only 50 something out today I would make dinner. Tomorrow is my oldest son's Birthday, so I asked him if he minded if I made him Lasagna- so that is what I am up to now. A nice slow long duration lasagna bake....................................

Hopefully a glass or two of wine along the way. I can't cook without wine and sometimes I even add it to the ingredients.

BOB

Steam extracting some juice from these berries for this years vintage. Got some reducing on the stove for an F-Pac
so there is a strawberry smell "in the air" today ...
Here is hoping that it is a good as last years ...
20100606_144742_IMG_0881_Medium.JPG

smiley4.gif

Today I scored 12#'s of Raspberries for FREE. They are now in the freezer. Not sure If I will ues it for Beer or Wine.

Were they fresh grown locally or grocer? The raspberries around here are past bloom but no where near picking yet. Blackberries are getting there much faster this year and my currants are all turning now.

They were from Florida. They were almost past prime. LOL

Latest posts

Back