WineXpert Limited Editions Released

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks dfwwino and Tim must have sent one of his goons down to the web page folks at Winexpert since they seem to be very current and arelooking good with the site design.

RJ Spagnolshasn't posted anything yet but I have heard the word is out on their selections.

But like in the past our US retailers are always the last to know of changes and or new products.

Hmm, that January release look like one that was in the LE series a couple years ago. And you are right, they have prettied up their site a bit.

Thanks for the info. I have yet to receive the descriptions or pricing. Like Masta said, the U.S. Retailers are the last to know anything from the kit manufacturers.

I was a bit disappointed with WE's selections. While Pacific Quartet sounds interesting, the others don't seem all that special or unique. I'll probably get the Carmenere/Cabernet, but that seems like a basic red table wine to me. And I'm not a fan of Italian reds. I wish there were some red wine offerings from the Cal, Wash. or Oregon, or France, Australia or Spain.

Nothing really tickled my fancy either. Im waiting for RJS and may endeavor into the MM.
Edited by: wade

I apparently need to acquire a taste for Italian reds. There seem to be an abudance of new kits with Italian grape varietals. I guess I am sort ofa French-style red wino. From what I tasted at Winestock, the limited editions produce very good wines.

I'm not a white person, but those three reds DO sound impressive! Makes my mouth water reading the detailed descriptions.

<banging head> Now the Limited Editions come out.. I was about to start looking for a good read to try. Guess I've found 'em.

George...get ready..I'll be at the store tomorrow to put in my order (and do a little shopping!).
smiley2.gif

The limited editions are pre-order only and wont be coming out till January and will be released 1 at a time from some of the manufactures so the 1 you want may not be shipped till around April.

<laughing> Yeah...but a girl can dream can't she?????
smiley4.gif

I'll just find something to do in the meantime....any suggestions Wade for a newbie? Something red.....

My suggestion would be to buy the best kit you can afford and be patient when buying a red. Im not sure what your preference is and Im just now becoming a big red lover myself. I have heard so many times that the smaller red kits are thin and that everyone will only buy the bigger red kits now.
Edited by: wade

Yep, buy as big as you can for a Red. The only kits out there that go against that philosophy are Heron Bay kits, and you'll be very hard pressed to find those in the USA. Heron Bay 8L kits are comparitive to 15L or more kits. I'd say if you going to do a red kit, go for at least 16L of concentrate and juice, or choose a MM all juice or better kit.

The other reds are thin, astringent, and to my tastes are just not worth the time. Sometimes I make a 10L red kit just to use as a topper, or for Sangria or Gluwein (sometimes called Gloog in Swedish) at Christmas time.

At Winestock, I had the opportunity to taste a WE Stag's LeapMerlot. It was very delicious. If I weren't broke, I'd buy it now.

Latest posts

Back