Wine Making Supply Store in Hollywood, Florida???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TARRENEL

Reaction score
Hello im new to wine making and live in Hollywod, Florida. I wanted to know if anyone out there knew about a supply store in or around the broward county area. I am looking into buying an equipment wine making kit to start making wine ( 1 gallon batches at first) and would like to go into a store and talk with them about what items are better to buy starting out. If no one knows of a store in my area , does anyone know of any online sites that have good prices on equipment kits for beginners?

Thanks in advance for your help

Welcome to the forum.
One of our sponsors - The Winemaker's Toy Store, has several different levels of equipment kits as well as any other wine making supplies/kits.

Not exactaly in the area, but give me a call, I can help stear you in the right direction for whatever you want/need. I would rather you get the right stuff to make wine than load you up with a bunch of stuff you may not need or want. I feel you will be better off with the right equipment spending less then a setup that would cost alot more will. Wine makeing like any other hobby.. you can put into it as much as you want to, you can work on a car with a screw driver and a pair of pliers or a full set of snap on tools. theres a lot of room in between. 1-888-225-5093

Last edited:
First off, I do have local wine/brew store that I go but that is for supplies not advice. With that said, understand there are quite a few members on here who have gone to their local shop and gotten some bad advice. You need to understand while the owner probably knows a lot about winemaking and beer brewing, that does not mean that the person who is waiting on you at the time is all that knowledgable.

The forum will give you the best advice and the vendors we have here are just awesome in wanting to make sure that new members start out the way they should.

Julie I have to agree with you on that. I stopped at a few local shops when i was traveling around in the tri state area and couldn't believe what folks were telling me, especially the one with corks sitting on the shelves in paper bags. Some of them will sell you old kits instead of marking them down and don't even know chemicals have shelf life. One in particular in Youngstown is no longer in business. With that said these bad shops are far and few in between but they do exist. If you're not sure ask here. Even the best shops don't know everything, BUT they'll get you the answer even if it means a call back.

I agree, I have a place thats local and they know their stuff, especially about beer as their beer books are in about every brew store on Earth. That said I bought a juice bucket 1 day and one of the helpers asked me if I wanted that bucket to come out sweet or dry and I said Ill probaly sweeten it and they said to use Red Star Champagne yeast to make it come out dry. I had to beat them down on that one!!!!! Starting SG on these buckets was 1.085!!

I agree, I have a place thats local and they know their stuff, especially about beer as their beer books are in about every brew store on Earth. That said I bought a juice bucket 1 day and one of the helpers asked me if I wanted that bucket to come out sweet or dry and I said Ill probaly sweeten it and they said to use Red Star Champagne yeast to make it come out dry. I had to beat them down on that one!!!!! Starting SG on these buckets was 1.085!!

Wade, he was right, the red star champaine yeast will make it come out dry. But so will about all the yeasts we use. Just out of curiosity, did you ask him what yeast to use to make it come out sweet?? lol, Arne.

Wine making supplies in Broward County

My husband and I have been buying wine kits for several years with much success. Generally, we stick to the Worldwide Vineyards brand of Pinot Grigio, Malbec or Shiraz. We have purchased them from Midwest Supplies or Home BrewIt. We would love to find a store in the tri-county area, to save on shipping expenses. Recently, I have tried "winemaking superstore.com" from central Florida which seems to be more reasonable. Will let you know how the experience turns out!

Latest posts

Back