Gas Price Watch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$1.95/gallon in Mifflintown, PA... Between the PA gas taxes and the greed of the station owners... we will never see $1.50/gallon. But I have mixed emotions... I work for General Electric in a plant that is a division of GE Oil & Gas. Due to oil prices being at a long time low, layoffs are predicted locally and there have been no raises for the past two years. I think I would rather keep my job than have a lower price at the pumps... but that's just me.

Just wait for them to hike the tax again for our state budget deficit... You'll be driving to NY to fill up!

(hubby was just in Mifflintown a few months ago working on your bridges)

$1.72 at the BP in South Strabane this morning. I needed gas and didn't stop until I got to Waynesburg. $1.89 in Waynesburg. Another regrettable decision.

$1.72 at the BP in South Strabane this morning. I needed gas and didn't stop until I got to Waynesburg. $1.89 in Waynesburg. Another regrettable decision.

All you Pennsylvanians are coming out of the woodwork! LOVING IT!

Gas is like playing roulette... I "love" when I fill up and the next morning gas is down 10c... or a recent trip to Ohio (I forgot how bad our tax is here) and when I hit the Ohio line BAM gas was 60c cheaper but I had 3/4 tank... LOL

In Florida I paid $1.63 per gal. and and then saw my investments dive on the same day, you can't win!!

$1.29 in Columbus, NE
$1.39 in David City, NE
$1.49 in Omaha, NE

Saw on the news last night some little town in Kansas is selling it for .99 gallon.

Our Loaf and Jug has regular for $1.43 today and diesel for $1.65. I have .40 grocery points for my next fill up so I'm going to enjoy $1.25 diesel later in the week.

We made a Costco run in ABQ toady and filled up for $1.29. We were on empty and all it could handle cost a whopping $20.

Thus kills me that I am not all that far from you and the best we got going is 1.89!!!!!!!

"It's official. Pennsylvania has passed New York and California by earning the dubious distinction of having the highest gasoline taxes in the nation. Combined with the federal gas tax of 18.4 cents per gallon, Pennsylvania's state tax of 50.5 cents per gallon, brings the combined tax to 68.9 cents per gallon. Californians pay 63.7 cents per gallon. New Yorkers pay 63.4 cents per gallon,"

This is why we don't see super low prices.

Just wait for them to hike the tax again for our state budget deficit... You'll be driving to NY to fill up!

(hubby was just in Mifflintown a few months ago working on your bridges)

Thank your husband for the great work he did.... but all the salt that has been dumped on the roads the past two weeks will eat away his handy work... He can come back in the Spring and do them all over again. Lots of good trout fishing in this area... if he gets bored.

Thank your husband for the great work he did.... but all the salt that has been dumped on the roads the past two weeks will eat away his handy work... He can come back in the Spring and do them all over again. Lots of good trout fishing in this area... if he gets bored.

Yup, his company has more bridges down there to do. He worked on a little bridge for about a month last summer... Surrounded by Amish. He'd get off work, change his boots, and fish for 2 hours until dark. He LOVED it down there!

Latest posts

Back