What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried a pork butt in the oven instead of the smoker for the first time earlier this week. It was seared heavily on all sides in a cast iron dutch oven and then in the oven at 275°. It was a 4 lb. butt and it was done in just under 3 hours! RECIPE HERE Served it up with some Eastern NC BBQ sauce. Didn't have the smokey taste you get from a long smoke, but the charred meat gave it s nice taste.
1609933154842.png
1609933357592.png
1609933438366.png

From Cajun-Creole Cooking by Terry Thompson. I just put it in a large dish and then serve over rice. Real Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese makes a difference. I found it is similar to a dish from a couple of Portuguese restaurants that I used to frequent, although their version used even more garlic and omitted the cheese.AE411732-5566-4AD4-9F11-174C35E56674.jpeg

Looking good! Love this type of pie as well. I snagged a LloydsPan a few months back just for this purpose. We rotate between this and a thin crust pie depending on what we feel like.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FY5PHIK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Detroit style pizza in a Michigan made steel pan. As a New Englander not accustomed to this type of pie, it was a new experience, but definitely a lot of fun to make and eat. We’re adding it to the rotation now!

Sous vide lamb shank (159ºF for ~48 hours) with rosemary and garlic, served with a mushroom/garlic/thyme reduction sauce of red wine and lamb drippings from the sous vide bag. Browned then braised Brussels sprouts. Baked 'taters. Fennel and onions, sauteed then braised.

It was all pretty good, but I had planned to have dinner on the table at 6. My wife was on a work phone call that didn't end until 7:30, so I was a little frustrated that the dishes were not served in "optimum condition." Still better than a sharp stick in the eye, however.

IMG_1383.JPGIMG_1385.JPG

Back