"Could have been worse" or "It wasn't as bad as it looks"

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
I'll post this here but Wade, we really need a section devoted to "what not to do".

It's the CC, Rosso Fortissimo Had finished adding stabilizing and fining agents and stirring for 25 minutes or so. Filled a 6.5 gallon Carboy and still had about 750ml of wine in the primary bucket. I was vacuum racking and if I hold the orange cap just right over a 750ml bottle I can continue racking into the clear standard bottle to use for topping up later. Well I was paying too much attention to the bottle and orange cap and not enough to the primary bucket vibrating off the counter top. Even though I got wine on the tile floor, stove, oven, refrigerator and chopping block . . . it could have been worse. SWMBO was upstairs in her sewing room, out of sight and sound. And she doesn't know my log in to this site so I'm good. :i

spill.jpg

Last edited:
There isnt a Dont do this thread as you shouldnt be doing this!!!!! LOL

Let's add a section "If my spouse only knew!".
I hope the wine matched your grout joints. :)

That's why I use a foam pad under the vacuum pump to reduce the vibration on the counter. Mine was a close call only!

Latest posts

Back