Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your right normally get really big he's caught them up to 70 pounds seen lots bigger where he fishs 20 pounders are common

Wade I forgot to tell you when I was choosing my paddle they did have one with measurements on it for the fishermen and also a little groove for unsnagging your hook from branches or what ever for the kayaks.

Does your kayak have the paddles for peddling? I want to get one of those for trolling in the sound. I think Hobie makes it or its called a Hobie.

No Wade, no peddles. We we out paddling this morning though and there was a guy with a "sit a pon" kayak with two fishing poles hooked up in the back. Here is a picture of mine put away in my garage.

IMAG0079.jpg

Wade, me and the wife have a pair of Hobies,they are very stable and a blast to fish out of. Get the rudder upgrade and if you are in the ocean get the turbo flippers, rod holders and the tethers for piece of mind. You can store a ton of stuff in the holds and in the well in the back, I put a sonar in mine and fishing out of them is great, they have an 8 inch hatch right in front of the seat that has tackle boxes and another hatch in the back for extra tackle. Some of the guys who fish in the Chesapeake (not me yet) have hooked into large stripers and took a good trip. The peddling is easy and fast and you can troll and keep your hands free and cruise around having fun. Check out some of our hobbie pics on our webpage under Charlie, we take our dog out in it and it doesnt feel tippy at all. CC

20110710J.JPG

Does your kayak have the paddles for peddling? I want to get one of those for trolling in the sound. I think Hobie makes it or its called a Hobie.

Last edited:
And me fishing with a friend who has had knee problems but can easily peddle a Hobbie and isnt afraid to put a bunch of rods in his kayak but is concerned a dog might switch ships in the middle of the river. CC

resized_IMGP0034.jpg

resized_IMGP0035.jpg

Last edited:
Looking very cool. Is it a 1 person job to load and unload on a car roof?

WOW Crack, those are really cool. Wade I have an old truck that I carry mine in even though they stick out about four feet. Yes these can be loaded on a car rack by one person. The new rack have all kinds of gadget now to assist people with bad backs or for smaller women.

Ill be looking for a newer vehicle soon as my car has a cracked block now and fluids are transferring like coolant into oil or vice versa but really dont have the cash now so Ill ride it out until shes a little closer to death. Id really like to get a 4x4 truck again, surely not a full size though as the gas is just to killer on me as I drive 1/2 hour to and from work every day and then fishing and Id have to cut down on one and the boss might get mad when I dont show up for work! LOL

Funny story Wade. I was getting me hair cut tonight and the guy cutting it was talking about fishing on his Hobi. He said he has three rod holders in the back and can still cast off to the side or front. He said he has even fly fished on it. I wonder about that one. I think you need to take a ride down to see Cracked Cork.

I cant afford one right now anyway, like I said I need a car to put the kayak on 1st unless they make one with peddles and WHEELS or even better a motor!

Wade, of course they have wheels and even an electric motor in place of the pedals :) CC

I cant afford one right now anyway, like I said I need a car to put the kayak on 1st unless they make one with peddles and WHEELS or even better a motor!

OK RW, thats ok for going down the mountain but a pain to push back up the other side! Crackedcork

Flyfishing out of one would be no problem, you would need to learn to keep your backcast angled up high in the back. Some of the guys we fish with take a milk crate, use plastic ties to secure PVC pipes and can get up to 9 rods in a holder, then they just strap the crate to the back of their hobbie, toss extra tackle in the holds and off they go, looks likek some sort of military spy boat with all those antennas sticking up.I do think that Hobie sells a fly rod holder also. I like my inflatable pontoon the best but the wife cant keep it up to trolling speed very long so we switched to the Hobies but now I have to peddle my own boat to troll. I should have gotten the tandem but the old lady doesnt like to slow down near nice looking spots while I cast to the bank so we had to split up into 2 different boats to go kayaking together. At least she lets me keep my extra gear in her kayak and has learned to drive it with the dog on it. The stablity of these little boats is great, that dog walks back and forth from front to back, he walks along the rail, he walks over top of me, he has never made the boat rock enough that I thought we would even begin to flip.Some friends take theirs out when they go surf fishing, they take the baits out in the kayak way past the breakers and look for a good spot to drop them with the sonar, going out in the surf not that hard, coming back in if t he waves are us is more challenging. I wish I lived near some bigger water, we would be out after stripers in our hobies in a second. CC

Funny story Wade. I was getting me hair cut tonight and the guy cutting it was talking about fishing on his Hobi. He said he has three rod holders in the back and can still cast off to the side or front. He said he has even fly fished on it. I wonder about that one. I think you need to take a ride down to see Cracked Cork.

Back