Tandem filter - good or bad?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GemstoneCreek

Junior
Reaction score
Hi, I've got an Enolmatic filler that I'm reasonably happy with so far. I wanted to filter my wine this year (probably just polish to 1 micron - sauvignon blanc and pinot noir). Does anyone have any opinion on the Tandem system? I have read only three reviews and two were negative and one very positive. The problems seemed to be in sealing the canister. I don't really want to muck about with making something. Any thoughts?

Hi, I've got an Enolmatic filler that I'm reasonably happy with so far. I wanted to filter my wine this year (probably just polish to 1 micron - sauvignon blanc and pinot noir). Does anyone have any opinion on the Tandem system? I have read only three reviews and two were negative and one very positive. The problems seemed to be in sealing the canister. I don't really want to muck about with making something. Any thoughts?

I only know about this filtration system - as I sold both mini and super jet for this as it soo much easier to use

https://www.allinonewinepump.com/product/wine-filter-setup/

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. So are you saying that this type of filter is suitable as a replacement for the Tandem in the Enolmatic setup?

Justin

All I can say , is alot of people use these with good results

I would recommend turning the vacuum way down when filtering, I used the precision vacuum valve and it made a big difference

I only know about this filtration system - as I sold both mini and super jet for this as it soo much easier to use

https://www.allinonewinepump.com/product/wine-filter-setup/

Hi Steve, can multiple "house" filter systems be used at the same time with the all in one?

In other words, can the all in one handle multiple filter housings with successively finer filters (ex. starting carboy -> 5 micron filter -> 1 micron filter -> 0.45 micron filter -> bottles)?

Not recommended, best to filter and wait and filter again.

Filtering is not designed to clear your wine

Only around 6 at a time (from fresh grapes, not kits). I've read that a larger size filter should always be used first to prevent clogging & other issues.

"You should always start with a coarser pad before filtering with a finer pad."
A few other sources saying the same thing [1] [2] [3].

Thoughts / Suggestions?

I just PM'd u as there are alot of back and forth questions and answers - its easier over the phone and hopefully you can communicate to others using this forum

Latest posts

Back