Cru Orchard Breezin mist -Peach Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcullen

Junior
Reaction score
Hi anyone? this is my second batch of wine...unlike the first one, my reading on primary fermentation has seemed to stop at 1.000 when instructions say 0.998 or lower....can I transfer now? my 2 weeks were up Friday.

You may, most of these kits stop around here for some reason. If yo have never made one of these kits please sample frequently while adding the F-pac instead of just dumping the whole thing in cause this f-pac contains lots of sugar which sweetens the wine at the same time as flavoring and once your wine is too sweet there is not much you can do besides dilute it down.

thanks!! wondering though....regarding the sweetness, isnt the chardonnay supposed to be dry?

thanks!! wondering though....regarding the sweetness, isnt the chardonnay supposed to be dry?
If you were looking for a dry Chardonnay you bought the wrong kit. All of the mist style wines (Orchard Breezin, Island Mist, Niagara Mist, ...) are designed to make a sweet wine, ala the commercial Wild Vines or Arbor Mist.

IMO, this kit does not make a Chardonnay, it makes a peach cooler type wine on a Chardonnay base.

Steve

Agree with Steve completely! Please ask us before buying a product because we have lots of experience with just about any kit or type of wine out there and can recommend the best wine for yoir buck!

thanks for the info!! I will definitely ask next time! so do you know approx what level of wine sweetness this kit will taste like? and with half the finishing blend?

These are very sweet wines with using the f-pac and if your looking for dry wine then you may not want to add any of this f-pac which will basically leave you with a cheaper Chard kit with no peach flavor. Take maybe a bottle out and try addsome f-pac to see if you like it or not measuring how much you use so as to know how much to add to the other 28-29 bottles of your wine if you do like it.

These are very sweet wines with using the f-pac and if your looking for dry wine then you may not want to add any of this f-pac which will basically leave you with a cheaper Chard kit with no peach flavor. Take maybe a bottle out and try addsome f-pac to see if you like it or not measuring how much you use so as to know how much to add to the other 28-29 bottles of your wine if you do like it.
I make these kits as per the instructions. Many people like it sweet. You may be surprised by the positive reactions of friends & family.

I am told that the chardonnay wine will be pretty poor if you don't add the f-pack. Try it yourself, for your own opinion.

Sweetness level...5.

Steve

thanks! I tasted it as I added it, I found 1/4 of the Fpac was sufficient! sure glad I asked prior to adding the whole thing....5 sure is sweet!

Serve that wine over a full glass of ice. It is more of a party pleaser than a high quality wine. I make a couple of the O.B. kits each year and they are great at mine and many of my friends' parties.

Enjoy!

What is the Fpak? Is it the fermentation kit or the finishing kit?

I am making the Cru Peach Chardonnay.

Latest posts

Back