Lifelong friends!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
You can take the wine out of a wino, but you will never take the making, from a maker.

Glad to be here and see you all.

Sid is still sid, was hoping to be wiser but still enjoying life and the graciousness I see around me.

I hope you all share the same appreciation.

I sure appreciate you all keeping my seat warm and ready for me all these years. It really does mean a lot.

:db

You can take the wine out of a wino, but you will never take the making, from a maker.

Sid is still sid, was hoping to be wiser but still enjoying life and the graciousness I see around me.

I sure appreciate you all keeping my seat warm and ready for me all these years. It really does mean a lot.

Must be near spring, welcome back!

Thanks.

We don't have Spring here, it's 'break-up" river wise.

It was an extremely long Winter seen this a few times but now, it wont be dark again for a while. Unless you have never experienced it, seeing the Sun blaring in the sky at 3 am, no way to explain it! Almost 40 years here and it still memorizes me. lets not even talk about the Northern Lights during the Winter/

There is an opposite side to that coin. I have lost the -58F video I posted, but, this was the night before,

Was a long stretch. No matter, I walked in it almost 3 hours for beer and tobacco.

LOL, and here we are with continuos Sunshine and temps around 65F LMAO, Our hot time is coming, in October I will post another story, but, for now, "Don't let the Sun go down on me"

Not sure officially but its like 19 hours maybe. I do guarantee you, it no longer gets dark.

and wont till like end July.

Guess it's time to take a Sun-tan and be happy.

Peace to all of you always.

suntanning eskimo.jpg

Last edited:
If you think keeping a ferment warm is serious, try protecting your nuts from this!!!!!!!!LMAO, no that's not wind chill, too cold for the wind to blow.

DSCN0616.jpg

Doesn't stuff break off when it gets that cold...like important stuff?
Nuts bolts metal electric corsds yeah there is noting good after -40F Millionaires have been made here by selling snapped fan belts.

But we stand together, no one goes without, fan belt, or, otherwise.

I feel the same. As corny as it sounds, I feel "at home" here. Everyone is great, super nice, and you all have wonderful/helpful input! I was on another forum (which won't be named) where I felt super uncomfortable since everyone was passive aggressive, so it's quite refreshing being able to talk and share experiences with everyone here!

Thanks.

We don't have Spring here, it's 'break-up" river wise.

It was an extremely long Winter seen this a few times but now, it wont be dark again for a while. Unless you have never experienced it, seeing the Sun blaring in the sky at 3 am, no way to explain it! Almost 40 years here and it still memorizes me. lets not even talk about the Northern Lights during the Winter/

There is an opposite side to that coin. I have lost the -58F video I posted, but, this was the night before,

Was a long stretch. No matter, I walked in it almost 3 hours for beer and tobacco.

LOL, and here we are with continuos Sunshine and temps around 65F LMAO, Our hot time is coming, in October I will post another story, but, for now, "Don't let the Sun go down on me"

Not sure officially but its like 19 hours maybe. I do guarantee you, it no longer gets dark.

and wont till like end July.

Guess it's time to take a Sun-tan and be happy.

Peace to all of you always.
65 degrees?? Break out the shotgun, keeps the skeeters at bay. Good to see ya, Troy. Arne.

Hi mate, i'm new here and i live in southern australia so pretty much a world away. I loved those pictures and i'd love to know more about wine making in the arctic, and just being in the arctic...Cool.

Anyway...greetings! Stay safe.

I feel the same. As corny as it sounds, I feel "at home" here. Everyone is great, super nice, and you all have wonderful/helpful input! I was on another forum (which won't be named) where I felt super uncomfortable since everyone was passive aggressive, so it's quite refreshing being able to talk and share experiences with everyone here!
I have been hanging out with this group since the very early days. And you are right, outside of the wine making knowledge that brought us all here, there are some fantastic people in here. The kind that will give you anything for nothing without expecting nothing more than a thank you.

I have come to know some of these members outside of this forum. Still have some great personal relationships with some that started from me popping in and asking the same question as everyone else, "can I make wine from frozen juice"

Still wondering if I can, I should try. I am the only one here who has made 30 buckets of wine and never put a single one in a bottle. :db

Non-corniness allowed!

No stupid questions here, qualified questions are better, but, this group was formed to share info and knowledge. Hugs and handshakes are free as long as they are met with sincerity.

Last edited:
Hi mate, i'm new here and i live in southern australia so pretty much a world away. I loved those pictures and i'd love to know more about wine making in the arctic, and just being in the arctic...Cool.

Anyway...greetings! Stay safe.
Welcome to the forum. I'd be happy to share anything you want to know about Alaska. In August will make 38 years here, I have a little bit of qualification in that regard. Ask Running Wolf about our Polar Bear hunt!

Welcome to the forum. I'd be happy to share anything you want to know about Alaska. In August will make 38 years here, I have a little bit of qualification in that regard. Ask Running Wolf about our Polar Bear hunt!
I have a cousin who lives in Melbourne with her husband and kids. She has been in your part of the world for a while. Like me she is a Pollack from Wisconsin, but, you all have welcomed her and her family like your own. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back