WineXpert California Sauvignon Blanc Rosé

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You blend it with another varietal, in many cases Merlot.

If I'm not mistaken, in the strictest sense simply blending with Merlot wine would classify as a Blush. They'd have to be using the Merlot skins for the color. Even at that I don't know if the Rules permit it. :a1

I believe a blush is when you remove (all) the skins quickly after relatively short contact with the juice. A Rose' you leave the skins in contact throughout the entire fermentation thus developing more tannins and richer flavor profiles. So in this case whatever percentage of Merlot is added to the Sauv Blanc juice those skins stay there throughout the entire fermentation process.

I won't bite at that price. I got the Aussie delivered for $107.

Emailed Matt yesterday and he realized that they forgot to put the "special" price when you add to the cart, the price is now $94.95 and around $113.66 at my door....now it is tempting.....:ib

Emailed Matt yesterday and he realized that they forgot to put the "special" price when you add to the cart, the price is now $94.95 and around $113.66 at my door....now it is tempting.....:ib

Now we're talking!! ($111 delivered to me - sweet!!!)

Last edited:
Trying to see if FVW is going to offer this and what price out the door. I want but shipping is very high from those guys to me.

But with $9.99 shipping and I have several bonus certificates for ordering LR's from FVW this past year so it could end up being a (very) good deal for me.

Pretty sure I'm going to jump on this. With only 3 bottles remaining of my beloved 2014 Aussie Grenache Rose, I need to restock. I'll probably make this one the same way - with half the fpack and a little added sugar in primary. Target ABV of 12+%.

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger a little bit ago. While I was at it, I ordered my first Island Mist kit. Cucumber Melon Sauvignon Blanc. With the LP discount, it was too cheap not to give it a try. I'll likely put half the fpac in primary, along with a little extra sugar, to reduce the sweetness and bump the ABV. Who knows, maybe a little Tartaric Acid as well.

Still trying to find this kit closer to home. Still not available anywhere in TX.......... :tz

I'll send you a bottle in a year. :)

PS: still amazed at the differences in shipping. It was only $12 from OH to VA.

Back