What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No pictures, unless you want pictures of what I couldn't eat. My wife's and my anniversary today. We usually try and go out to a restaurant for dinner, but only take out is available. A friend of ours just bought a small restaurant, so we ordered take out from there. I had chicken cordon bleu, wifey had a full turkey dinner with a sweet potato as one of her sides. Daughter had fried mozzarella sticks and chicken tenders. Only my wife finished her meal (ha ha ha), me and my daughter have enough for lunch tomorrow. Not even sure if I can eat what is leftover in my next meal. The ha ha is because my wife and I are in a friendly competition to see who can lose the most weight. I think I'll have a pound on her tomorrow!

Happy Anniversary! And thanks for the reminder - mine's in a few days! 😳

Did the "Roadside" chicken recipe I posted earlier. This never fails. It's so good. I did some 'real' thighs and some boneless, skinless breasts. Just have to throw the bone-in pieces on earlier.

Here's the thighs a little more than halfway through:

1589764398726.jpeg

And the BSB's on and almost done

1589764443784.jpeg

Your plate:

1589764489247.jpeg

Rained all damn day, so no BBQ briquettes were harmed in the making of this meal.

Ho-made bread. (Was a bit worried, as it was a same-day bread AND I overhydrated it a skoosh, but it came out fine). Polenta (blue cheese, sage, sauteed shallots and garlic); frozen then sauteed broccoli rabe (garlic, EVOO, ancho chile); leftover grilled garlic ramps; pastured pork rib chops (dry-brined, pan-seared, herbs de Provence). Washed down with a moderate Cali Zin from WTSO (2018 Mountain Head, Sonoma County).

IMG_0560.jpgIMG_0559.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to stay somewhat healthy so I can keep dropping a few pounds. My wife and a friend of mine have decided I'm losing it a little too quickly, so my friend just happened to have a really good bleu cheese dressing recipe. Grabbed the ingredients when I was foraging for food this morning at the local Weis Mkt, mixed it up and even the bit I tried left in the container I mixed it in was really, really good! Supposed to sit for at least two hours so I did the lawn (drooling most of the time) to try and give it time for the flavors to incorporate. I guess I'm ruined, even after just two hours I don't think I can spend money on store bought bleu cheese dressing anymore. Very easy recipe, just hope some makes it for tomorrow's lunch, might be history at dinner tonight.

Hearts of lettuce salad, maters and some diced chicken on the side. Cracked up some peppercorns and enjoyed with a glass of water.

5-18-20_bleu-cheese-salad.jpg

Craig, I am also looking to drop a couple pounds but JUST in my belly. Since I haven't been going to the gym (just doing minimal workout at home) it seems like things want to be stationary around the tummy, I guess it's the age!!

One way to control weight, reduce carb intake, sugars and anything related to flower (bread, pizza, pasta, etc).

Got a chuck roast that I took out of the freezer on Sunday. Originally, I was going to do a Bolognese style sauce with it, but I changed my mind and am going to make some Barbacoa today. Will give it an hour or so on the Performer with some pecan wood to give it some smoke, then into the DO for a few hours before I shred it up. Pickled onion, avocado (maybe I'll get fancy and make some guac), Cotija cheese will get into the mix. Will do some black beans on the side.

Latest posts

Back