Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our holiday plans had us in So. Cal for a few days then Havasu for a couple more. We made our way home yesterday stopping for photos at the Bill Williams Preserve end of the lake, the range you have to climb to reach Parker and then somewhere in the middle of the Mojave desert. Glad to be back home safe and hopefully sound.
BillWilliamsPreserve.jpgParkerMounts.jpgMojaveCactus.jpg

73 here in southern Tennessee on Jan. 1, time to get the T-bird out and travel our Lincoln County a bit. I could not pass that up!

Parked along the Elk River near the tiny unincorporated town of Champ....
IMG_20210101_134602715_HDR.jpg

The Elk from a bridge near Champ...
IMG_20210101_134849031.jpg

The view from the top of Chestnut Ridge on Chestnut Ridge Road. If you looked to the other side, you saw a similar vista. One of my favorite spots...
IMG_20210101_132916685.jpg

Prime brisket at $2.99/lb

Wish I had a pellet grill to use during winter.View attachment 70049
i loaded my off set stick smoker today with white oak, hickory and pecan, pulled out of my freezer, 2 racks of pork spare ribs, farm fresh, ready to light tomorrow, when i get up, got a couple bottles out of 50/50 blackberry-elderberry wine,,, well really that wine is set back for me,, my nephew and brother can have strawberry or skeeter pee port, lol. summer, winter, rain, shine, no matter at all. will be smoking some baked beans as well,
Dawg

@hounddawg show us a pic of the offset smoker. Think I know what you are talking about, but not sure. Thanks, Arne. Oh, and good eating and drinkin. Tomorrow or later is plenty soon for the pic. I'm going to get a cataract removed in the morning, won't be on for a while. At least til tomorrow afternoon, never been thru this before, don't know how long it takes to get back in the groove again. Most folks say not long.

Last edited:
Arne, you should be fine within 24 hours. My mom had two taken care of in December. Dad goes in for the first of two this week.

they done one, then a little while later they did his other,
@hounddawg show us a pic of the offset smoker. Think I know what you are talking about, but not sure. Thanks, Arne. Oh, and good eating and drinking. Tomorrow or later is plenty soon for the pic. I'm going to get a cataract removed in the morning, won't be on for a while. At least till tomorrow afternoon, never been thru this before, don't know how long it takes to get back in the groove again. Most folks say not long.
yep I'll send ;pic's, dad will be 88 in 3 days, they did his eye, then a short while later they did his other eye, right about 10 years ago, he didn't like wearing a patch on
his first one but it was not long, i can't remember about the second one, but he said it wasn't bad at all. that picture geek sent i never noticed the price, what i noticed was it was packed 12/31/20 and expired 1/7/21,,, that kind of math worries me,, lol, I'll post pictures tomorrow, good to see you lurking around, lol,,,,
Skoal
Dawg

Latest posts

Back