K-Meta Sanitizing Solution Strength...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopper

Reaction score
How many tablespoons of K-meta should I add to a gallon of water to make a sanitizing solution?

And how long will this solution keep if I store it in an air-tight gallon jug in a cool, dark place? I've heard it's good for up to 4 months, as long as it retains its strong smell. Is this true?

Chopper said:
And how long will this solution keep if I store it in an air-tight gallon jug in a cool, dark place? I've heard it's good for up to 4 months, as long as it retains its strong smell. Is this true?
That depends on how long you use it and leave it uncovered. Really can last for months. One way to tell is open it and take a sniff. If you choke its still there LOL !
What alot of us do is add it to a spray bottle for sanitizing spoons etc. That keeps a long time.

I keep my gallon jug open in a sealed 5 gallon bucket with all my corks poured around the jug as a cork humidor which keeps the corks sanitized and ready to use at a moments notice and still also keeps the solution good for months.

Latest posts

Back