MW102 Milwaukee PH Meter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zadvocate

Reaction score
I just bought this and calibrated and tested my wine. The instructions say when the hour glass stops appearing, that is when you take your reading. So in my case the reading at that point was 3.40. The PH continued to fall after that to 3.28. I called the company and they said that I should go with the 3.40 reading.

For those that have this device is that correct?

Thats a pretty weird recommendation. I would never take the initial reading. I would always take the reading after it has reached equilibrium and stabilized.

I agree with Mike. I don't understand what it could be doing that it keeps falling away from a good reading. What does it do if you put it in a standard, say pH7?

That is what I thought. I calibrated it and that went fine. I will have to test it again when I get a chance. I just thought it was odd that it fell after the hour glass indicator disappeared. I was just wondering if anyone that uses this model MW102 had a similar experience. It was recommended by a number of people on this board.

I don't have the MW102 but an MW101 (no temperature and manual calibration, have to use a chart but rarely more than a .01 adjustment which is well within my range for error). Mine is rock solid, might float for a few seconds by .01 or .02, but then stays steady. I think I may have had to adjust for my 7.01, 4.01 and 3.01 solutions twice since last fall (and they would have only been off by .03-.05 tops). Maybe the change is for the temperature probe coming into equilibrium with the liquid? Are you storing the unit in a much warmer or colder environment than the sample you are testing?

Sounds kinda wierd to me too.

Last edited:
I just got the unit on monday and tested that day. I think this may have been a one-time thing and I will retest and see.

Latest posts

Back