sweet white wine to make(not wine cooler

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<table ="Catalog" id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td ="table" align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">3235 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5Cwsp_white_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

Piesporter Style

German wine with a vivid fruitiness &amp; classic flavors.
</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$79.99</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$79.99 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="right">$75.99</td></tr></t></table>This wouldbe a good 1, There are Riesling's and Liebfraumilch's also, just look up white wines on the online catalog and click on any that catch your eye and then scroll down and look at the sweetness. A good clue for sweetness would be having a F-Pack which is a bag of inverted sugar and flavor which is added after fermenting to bring the sweetness back up.

Mesquite: Welcome to the forum, I feel your pain......... I like sweet wines as well.

I know you said you don't want wine cooler type wines, but is that due to the lower alcohol level? If so, just add 4 to 5 pounds of sugar to the batch to bring the SG up to 1.085 and you'll be good to go. Thats what I have done with all mine and they come out very well.

My wife and I like a Johannesburg Riesling, sometimes they come out really dry and we have to sweeten back after clearing. We don't over sweeten those type wines very much, just enough to take the edge off.

There is also Ice Wine style wines that are desert type wines and are very sweet that you may enjoy. And last but not least, there are juice and fresh fruit that you can get from the store and start small batches of any flavor and type you like. When you think of something you would like to make, Like Raspberry, just put that into the search bar and see what comes up about Raspberry wine, or look in the recipe section.

most kits are going to give you a dry wine at 4 weeks(sg0.992or abouts).after sulfur and sorbate they can be sweetened with sugar solution(boiling water+sugar) or george has some flavored sweeteners that are nice.sg1.010 suits me for a sweeter white but the neighbor likes sg1.035 or more

Mesquite, my first wine was the Island Mist White Zin. Turned out well and is sweet. However, if you are looking for more alcohol per vol, this one is pretty mild.

Welcome to the Forum!!
smiley17.gif

Latest posts

Back