RJ Spagnols New RJS RQ 2016 Kits Announced

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChateauRogue

Reaction score
I just saw RJS has announced their new RQ 2016 kits. They are all named after Festivals from the Regions they come from. Looks like they are all blends:

RJS 2016 RQ Tjungu Wine Making Kit

Three of Australia’s most celebrated grapes, Australian Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon & Malbec are blended together to contribute their own unique characteristics to this full-bodied wine. Deep in color, it exudes aromas of berry with a hint of toasty oak and cedar, complemented by flavors of black fruit.

RJS 2016 RQ La Batalla Wine Making Kit

La Batalla takes place atop a hillside in Haro, Spain where wine connoisseurs gather to take part in the world’s largest wine fight. Wearing mostly white, participants drench each other in wine until they are a saturated sea of joyful pink people.

This ruby-colored blend of Spainish Tempranillo, Grenache & Cabernet Sauvignon reflects the brightly colored red wines enjoyed throughout this cheerful festival. Rich on the nose and palate, it features black currant, raspberry, sweet spices and dried fruit.

RJS 2016 RQ Carrusel Wine Making Kit

Carrusel is a grand parade of The Grape Harvest Celebration, inspired by the city’s esteem for winemaking. Queens and princesses from every district hand out gifts of grapes hoping to win favor and become the Grape Harvest Queen.

This wine, reflecting the elegance and finesse of the Mendoza Grape Harvest Queen, is graced with aromas of tropical fruit, this blend of Argentinian Chardonnay & Viognier is soft and round on the palate with a rich and creamy mouth feel.

RJS 2016 RQ Carnevale Wine Making Kit

Carnevale takes place in Venice, a city well known for its history, romance and tradition of wine. Its vibrant culture comes to life during this auspicious festival celebrating indulgence in food, wine, fashion, and of course, masquerade.

This light white blend (Italy Pinot Grigio & Sauvignon Blanc) featuring Italy’s celebrated grape – Pinot Grigio – reflects an Italian tradition in wine. Clear and light in color, it is enriched with aromas of melon and citrus with a soft minerality that follows through on the palate.

Rjs li minted additions

THERE BLENDED WHITES ARE SPOT ON I LIKE THE CARRUSEL KIT THE BLEND IS MORE MY STYLE.THAT'S THE ONE I'LL GET.:spm

RQ I like there style . date is incorrect on the label should be 2016. ( TO LATE):ib

1.jpg

6A.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Last edited:
So you got the Carnevale, 2 questions:
1. I assume it did not come with an f-pack, correct?
2. how is this wine in taste and aroma?

I got a chance to buy it for ~$99 shipped to me and need some feedback.

I can call you today, let me know.

Have a bottle in the Frigidaire haven't tasted it yet will let you know tomorrow.

no when it comes to mix Blend's abv an balance I don't play with my mix's that much.

Latest posts

Back