What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked some other PH and TA readings and posted in the Wine from grapes section. Sitting here enjoying a glass of 2011 Muscat, its starting to really come around. Just goes to show, age does wonders for wine.

Ugh, just did the taxes and didn't know it was my responsibility to pay off the federal debt with what I owe. I need to sanitize bottles tomorrow and start checking pH's too.

The Key Lime Skeeter Pee continues to ferment. Time to check the SG....

Just sampled my WS Super Tuscan and, WOW! It's only three months old tomorrow and spent 5 weeks in a brand new Vadai barrel. Otherwise, I followed the instructions. It is really outstanding.

Ugh, just did the taxes and didn't know it was my responsibility to pay off the federal debt with what I owe.

I did mine today, as well. I'm glad I'm not only one shocked by my tax bill. Jeez! Who jacked up my taxes! Now I have to have more extra taken out of my paycheck so I'm not blind-sided again next year!

No raise this year due to cutbacks in the city, inflation, rising gas prices, health insurance cost increased, now my taxes go up! Stop the insanity! :tz

not only a big federal bill, but I also have to pay a $10 fine to the state because I owe so much. The more you try to get ahead, the more you are penalized in taxes for doing so. The gov't sends the wrong message - penalizing the successful and rewarding the unsuccessful.

But fortunately, the Clarion River Red is a sweet Concord based wine to help me drown my sorrows...

Started my WE Amarone with skins yesterday:db:db:db I'm goind to add 3 oz Med. toast Hungarian oak cubes to secondary. I'm thinking of adding vanilla beans and dried cherries to secondary...any thoughts on this wise ones?

Tom, so sorry to hear of your loss.

Rich, my thoughts are with you.

Off to Pittsburgh early this morning for the American Wine Society Conference tomorrow. All of today will be spent Judging the wine competition and then some meetings.

Yes . Half way there now and almost lost it on some bkack ice dang it. As you can see I'm not driving. I also have a case of wine for you to share with other members down there.

Started my WE Amarone with skins yesterday:db:db:db I'm goind to add 3 oz Med. toast Hungarian oak cubes to secondary. I'm thinking of adding vanilla beans and dried cherries to secondary...any thoughts on this wise ones?

Tom, so sorry to hear of your loss.

Rich, my thoughts are with you.

The hungarian oak will give you a nice flavor and I think you might have hit on something with the vanilla beans and dried cherries. Post up how that goes.

Yes . Half way there now and almost lost it on some bkack ice dang it. As you can see I'm not driving. I also have a case of wine for you to share with other members down there.

Wow, our own resident judge on the forum...I'm impressed!
...humm, maybe Julie should have driven you in her Jeep.
I had a nasty accident on black ice many years ago.
A young girl in front of me lost control on the ice, and ended up in the middle of the road....and I clipped her as I skidded by and lost control on the ice, and ended up in a snow bank. No one was hurt, but they could not even get a tow truck in because of the ice....a local farmer had to bring his tractor in and pull my truck out of the bank. I've been very cautious driver in winter since that time.

I'll be sure to do that when we get together in April to pick up Juice at Luva Bella. Oh and if you get my wine, go easy on the critique...LOL

added ther lime to the Key Lime Skeeter Pee. It's still fermenting away with an SG of 1.050 and dropping. Got to get packed to head off to NH tomorrow for the week. Heading out to the Spaghetti Factory tonight for dinner.

added ther lime to the Key Lime Skeeter Pee. It's still fermenting away with an SG of 1.050 and dropping. Got to get packed to head off to NH tomorrow for the week. Heading out to the Spaghetti Factory tonight for dinner.
You guys have one in Pittsburgh? I was at the one in Toronto and it was fantastic.

Dan, over on the strip. I believe you went to the strip a couple of years ago when you were in Pittsburgh for something?

The hungarian oak will give you a nice flavor and I think you might have hit on something with the vanilla beans and dried cherries. Post up how that goes.

Thanks for the input Julie...I may have to start a thread on this one:)

Latest posts

Back