Thoughts on starting very small winery.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here's hoping I will hear back today or tomorrow. I just talked to my reviewer - she is going back and forth with the field reviewer and just needed a couple more dates changed on forms and another signature. She suggested that that should be it and she will get permission to release the approval from the field reviewer.

Fingers crossed . . .

It always seems so long in getting that little piece of paper. Congrats. A month ago would have been nice so you could have made wine under permit this year. Hopefully you can still get some juice to be able to ferment it now.
Good luck with the whole operation!

Congrats Greg! I'm now working on the state license and the labels for approval.

Introducing BWN-ND-21005. 4 Elements Winery has been approved by the federal government. Finally!

Greg great news!!!!!:b

I heard you had a great time this past weekend. I asked Sue if she was ready to try some wine this morning and I thought she was going to get sick. The AWS conference is a blast and I don't think anyone can even imaging what too much wine is until they attend this event.

AWESOME!!!.

In PA, the state charges for every little item (background check, additional sales location) and we are still working on the PLCB paperwork. Greg, did you get your labels approved yet?

No, I need to get formulas and COLAs submitted next. Still trying to figure that out. Apparently I need to create a new TTB on-line registration for that different than what I had for my winery application? I'm trying to figure out how to do formulas - they say they want them before beginning making wine, but I have to start making some things now. I'm still working on my labels. And don't know yet what all I will be able to produce this year.

And, the registration web page is totally ridiculous.

First - when you go to colas online and click the "new or forgot password" link, you get a pop-up that only has options for resetting your password. You have to actually try to log in with a bogus login and it gives you a page where there is a link at the bottom to register.

So, I went through the entire registration process only to find that clicking the submit button does absolutely nothing. I have no idea how to actually submit my registration to log on. And, it won't save any of my registration and company information, because . . . well, it wouldn't submit.

*sigh*

Any idea how I get onto this?

As I recall, you have to email them and they set you up with your first password. That's been five years so it may have changed.

Greg, you have to change your password every six months. Choose a word with a number then when you have to change the password all you have to do is increase the number by one each time to keep it simple. Attached is a label I just got approved for the last wine I developed. IT's not showing up as much as I hoped though.

001.JPG

Dan, Nice label and great advertisement.

I don't have a problem changing a password periodically, but I need to get a password first!

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back